Asahi Growing Sustainability Scholarship 2020 (Fully-funded to Attend One Young World Conference 2020 in Berlin, Germany)
In addition to our Lead2030 Challenge, we have created the Growing Sustainably Scholarship. This programme will enable 8 young leaders who are driving innovation in sustainable agriculture to participate in the One Young World Summit 2020 in Munich as part of Asahi’s global delegation.
Application Deadline: 16th April 2020
Eligible Countries: International
To be Taken at (Country): Berlin, Germany
About the Award: At Asahi, we hold sustainability as our responsibility – we value the gifts of nature and manage them effectively by reducing water consumption, minimizing our carbon footprint and reusing waste products.
Beyond eliminating our own climate impact as part of our Asahi Carbon Zero campaign, we are also working with farmers to help them adapt and prepare for a changing climate. This includes through Campus Peroni in Italy, a centre of excellence promoting and spreading innovation and sustainability in agriculture, Biocycle in Japan, a plant bio-stimulant which reduces the effects of external stresses on crops, and many other local partnerships with farmers, co-operatives and academia in countries where we operate.
This year, we’re proud to have partnered with One Young World to create the Lead2030 Challenge for SDG13. The Challenge aims to find and support solutions that will contribute to the future of sustainable agriculture by supporting and enabling farmers to reduce their emissions and/or help adaptation and resilience against the climate challenges of this decade and beyond.
Field(s) of Study:
This scholarship is intended to support young leaders who are:
- Aged 18 – 30
- Have demonstrated leadership capcity.
- Have proven impact the field of sustainable agriculture. This can include work that:
- Improves the climate resilience of crops through sustainable practices.
- Reduces on-farm green-house gas emissions, water or energy us through new technologies.
- Supports farmers in fostering innovation and improving access to information, raising awareness of climate risks and new skills training.
- Addresses the sustainability of the wider supply chain beyond the farm
Number of Awards: 8
Value of Award:
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2020 in Munich
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 13 and 17 (inclusive October, 2020
- The cost of travel to and from Munich (flights in economy)
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner from 14 to 17 October
- Ground transportation between Summit venues
- Access to bespoke Asahi programming around the businesses participation in the Summit including pre-Summit onboarding calls, an Asahi buddy from the company’s internal delegation and a post-Summit feedback session.
How to Apply: APPLY NOW
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
10 Best Places To Study Abroad If…
Don’t Take This Common Advice If…
7 Lessons from the 2020 Pandemic and Economic Threat