Got Love for Music? Apply for MTN Foundation-MUSON Music Scholarship Programme 2012
The MTN Foundation (MTNF) in partnership with Musical Society of Nigeria (MUSON), announce its entrance examinations for the MTNF/MUSON Scholarship programme in diploma course in Music for the 2012-2013 academy year. The programme is targeted at Nigerian students with a flair for music, and it provides them the opportunity to acquire qualitative music education leading to the MUSON Diploma in Music.
The sponsorship programme is aimed at providing scholarships to about 220 students over a five year period and a total of 74 students have graduated on the programme. The MUSON School of Music is staffed and equipped to meet internationally accepted standards in Music education.
The sponsorship support covers the following:
- Book allowance
- Stipend (pocket allowance)
Application Closing Date
27th July, 2012
The examinations will take place August 27 – 31, 2012.
A written examination which will include theory questions pitched at approximately grade 5 & 6 standard and basic knowledge
A practical examination which will be a performance on a major instrument or voice of at least grade 5 standard, before a faculty jury.
Applicants for the MTNF/MUSON Scholarship programme in diploma course in Music are expected to possess the following minimum requirements:
- The General Certificate of Education (G.C.E) Ordinary Level with credits in five (5) subjects including English Language
- The Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSCE) with a credit in English Language
- The 5 credits must have been obtained at not more than two sittings and before admission to the diploma course.
- PRACTICAL: Grade five (5) or higher pass certificate of The MUSON School of Music or any other music examining body recognized by the MUSON School.
- THEORY: Grade five (5) or higher pass certificate of the MUSON School of Music or any other music examining body recognized by the MUSON School.
NB: Applicants who possess the above practical or theory certificates would have also satisfied the GCE (O/L) or SSCE requirements.
How To Apply
Interested applicants who are deficient in the theory requirements are advised to take advantage of lessons available in the basic school to enable them prepare for the admission examination in August.
Letters of application together with copies of certificates, two (2) passport photographs, and contact telephone number(s) or e-mail address should be sent to:
MUSON School of Music
8/9 Marina, Onikan,
All applications should reach the Director, MUSON School of Music on or before July 27, 2012
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
The 10 Most In Demand Professions In The World Today
10 Lessons We Learned From Self Publishing a Book
Top 10 Highest Paying Engineering Jobs in the World