Microsoft Research EMEA PhD Award 2020 for PhD Students in Computer-related Fields
As a complement to the EMEA PhD Scholarship Programme, Microsoft Research is excited to announce the Microsoft Research EMEA PhD Award, a new research grant for PhD students in computing-related fields who are in their third year or beyond at universities in EMEA.
Application Deadline: 1st April 2020 at 4:59 PM PST
Eligible Countries: Countries in Europe, Middle East & Africa
To be Taken at (Country): Countries in Europe, Middle East & Africa
About the Award: A research award for PhD students in computing related fields in their 3rd year or beyond at universities in EMEA.
Microsoft actively seeks to foster greater levels of diversity in our workforce and in our pipeline of future researchers. We are always looking for the best and brightest talent and celebrate individuality. We invite candidates to come as they are and do what they love.
Type: Research, PhD
- Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Students should support this mission and embrace opportunities to foster diverse and inclusive cultures within their communities.
- PhD students must be enrolled at a university in EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa) and their research must be closely related to our research themes at Microsoft Research Cambridge:
- All Data AI
- Cloud Infrastructure
- Confidential Computing
- Future of Work
- Game Intelligence
- Healthcare Intelligence
- Biological Computation
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- Award recipients will receive $15,000 USD for academic year 2020–21 to help them complete research as part of their doctoral thesis work.
- Microsoft will arrange and pay for travel and accommodations for award recipients to attend the PhD Summit. The two-day workshop is held at one of the Microsoft Research labs in the fall. It will provide award recipients an opportunity to present their research, meet with Microsoft researchers in their research area and receive career coaching.
- Award recipients will be offered an internship at Microsoft Research’s Cambridge lab.
How to Apply: Doctoral students enrolled in their third year or beyond of PhD studies at universities in EMEA may directly apply.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.