General Lamine Cissé Women, Peace and Security Research Fellowship 2020 for African Women
In honor of General Cissé, Partners Global, Partners West Africa Nigeria and Partners West / Africa Senegal are awarding research fellowships to two young African women researchers and practitioners working in the civil society and security sectors.
Application Deadline: 15th March 2020 at 23:59 GMT
Eligible Countries: African countries
About the Award: PartnersGlobal and Partners West Africa – Nigeria (PWA-N) will partner with Partners West Africa – Senegal (PWA-S) in holding the symposium on “Integrity, Ethics and Good Governance for Peace and Security” through the creation of two Excellence Fellowships for targeting young African women researchers (doctoral students or young doctors) and practitioners working in the field of development/civil society. The fellow will receive a grant equivalent of 1,500,000 CFA (West African franc) to fund her research project. fellowship.
Please note that the theme of the research fellowships is: “Women, Peace & Security”.
This fellowship magnifies General Lamine Cissé’s commitment, through the NGO Partners West Africa – Senegal, to promoting women’s leadership, particularly “Women, Peace and Security” resolutions. General Lamine Cissé has always been interested in the people and their relationship with security stakeholders.
By advocating an honest leadership, General Cissé has been the champion of strong and credible security institutions. Their legitimacy in delivering peace and stability was for him one of the major challenges for future African leaders.
Eligibility: Only future or ongoing research projects are eligible for the Fellowship. The selection criteria applied for the project appraisal are:
- 1. Applicant’s capacity to carry out quality research (level of education, professional experience, published work, academic support);
- 2. Relevance and originality of the issue in relation to current security and gender issues;
- 3. Link to the themes selected for the Fellowship, as specified in Article 3;
- 4. Methodology and structuring of the work;
- 5. Analytical development of the project narrative and the planned fieldwork;
- 6. Interest of the results and the practical impact of contributions.
Number of Awards: 2
Value of Award: Each fellow will receive a grant equivalent of 1,500,000 CFA (West African franc) to fund innovative research around the prevention and peaceful resolution of conflicts in Sub-Saharan Africa with a central focus on women, peace and security.
How to Apply: Submit the complete application file electronically to PWA-Senegal at: [email protected];
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
How to Stop Being Broke - 9 Things to Do
Why Rwanda Is The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa
14 Things You Need To Know About Wealth across Africa