IPRS and iMQRES Scholarships at Macquarie University, Australia 2012/13
Scholarship Name: International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (IPRS)
The Macquarie University offers an International Postgraduate Research Students (IPRS) and Macquarie University Research Excellence Scholarship (iMQRES) for International Postgraduat (Masters and Doctorate) Students, Australia 2012/13
Accepted Subject Areas?
Courses offered by the University
The International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (IPRS) program was established to maintain and develop international research linkages, and aims to attract top quality postgraduate students to areas of research strength in the Australian higher education sector, and support Australia’s research efforts. This Government funded scholarship covers the tuition fees and compulsory health cover for international postgraduate students of exceptional research promise, for two years for a Masters by research degree or three years for a Doctorate by research.
Scholarship Offered Since:
Full Masters and Doctorate scholarships
By what Criteria is Selection Made?
- Must have already completed, or expect to complete in 2012, an Australian four-year undergraduate degree with first class honours or have equivalent research qualifications (see also ‘Selection Criteria’ below)
- Must to enrolling as a full-time student
- Must undertake a Masters by research degree or Doctorate (only PhD candidates are eligible for an iMQRES) in 2012/13
Who is qualified to apply?
Applicants must have completed at least four years of higher education studies at a very high level. For example:
- A three year degree then an Honours year awarded in the First Class Division 1 (Hons 1)
- A three year degree then one year of Masters with a substantial research component completed at Hons 1 level
- A three year degree then a Masters preliminary where it is equivalent to an honours program and completed at Hons 1 level.
How Many Scholarship Positions are available?
What are the benefits?
- scholarship covers the 3 years of tuition fee
- compulsory health cover for international postgraduate students
How long will sponsorship last?
- Two years for a Masters by research degree
- Three years for a Doctorate by research
- A living allowance stipend
Scholarship Open for International Students Other than Australian/New Zealand, and not an Australian Permanent Resident
To be taken at (country): Australia
What time of year does Application Close?
Application deadline is on 14 September 2012
Offered annually? Yes
How can I Apply?
To apply complete an application form and include:
- Original or certified copies of all academic transcripts. An official translation into English must be included if documents are not in English;
- A certified copy of your birth or citizenship certificate, or your ID card, or the identity page of your passport
- An original or certified copy of documents providing evidence of any name change.
- A project proposal outline with reference list (check with Faculty/Department of interest for length)
- TWO academic referees: If one is your proposed supervisor, then please obtain a third reference. A referee report form should be forwarded to your nominated referees. Your referee does not have to fill in information they cannot comment on, and may attach a letter, if they have additional comments for the selection committee. A standard referee report form is available from the HDR Scholarships Forms and Conditions
How can I get more information?
If you need more Information about this scholarship, kindly visit the Scholarship Webpage (PDF)
Sponsor: By Macquarie University
- IPRS applicants must be commencing full-time enrolment for the first time in a higher degree research program in Australia
- IPRS applicants who commenced a higher degree research degree and terminated that enrolment within 6 months of commencement may still be eligible for scholarship
- scholarship holders must be resident in Australia during their award tenure, unless on approved overseas research leave.
For enquiries regarding conditions of award, or the scholarship application process contact:
Higher Degree Research Office – Scholarships (02) 9850 9782 or (02) 9850 1893
Macquarie University NSW 2109 Fax (02) 9850 6198
Australia Email: email@example.com