King’s College London Commonwealth Shared Scholarships 2023/2024 for Students from Developing Countries
3 awards are available for 2023/24 to support students from least developed and lower middle-income Commonwealth countries, for full-time study on selected Master’s programmes at King’s.
Application Deadline: 13th December 2022
About the Award: Commonwealth Shared Scholarships are for candidates from least developed and lower middle-income Commonwealth countries, for full-time Master’s study on selected courses, jointly supported by UK universities.
Funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO), Commonwealth Shared Scholarships enable talented and motivated individuals to gain the knowledge and skills required for sustainable development, and are aimed at those who could not otherwise afford to study in the UK.
These scholarships are offered under six CSC development themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
Eligible Field(s): The 2023/24 Commonwealth Shared Scholarships Scheme (CSSS) awards at King’s College London are open to students applying for any the following Master’s programme only:
- MRes Clinical Research
- MSc Palliative Care
Eligibility: To apply for these scholarships, applicant must:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Be available to start their academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September 2023
- By September 2023, hold a first degree of at least upper second-class (2:1) honours standard, or a lower second-class degree (2:2) and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree)
- Not have studied or worked for one (academic) year or more in a high-income country
- Be unable to afford to study in the UK university without this Scholarship
- Apply as instructed (see ‘Application Process’ below) and have provided all supporting documentation in the required format by the given deadlines
In addition, applicants must:
- Meet the relevant entry requirements for their chosen degree programme and be sufficiently fluent in English to pursue the course
- Be willing to confirm that they will return to their home country as soon as the period of study is complete
Eligible Countries: Bangladesh. Cameroon. Eswatini. Gambia. Ghana. India. Kenya. Kiribati. Lesotho. Malawi. Mozambique. Nigeria. Pakistan. Papua New Guinea. Rwanda. Samoa. Sierra Leone. Solomon Islands. Sri Lanka. Tanzania. Tuvalu. Uganda. Vanuatu. Zambia.
To be Taken at (Country): UK
Number of Awards: 2
Value of Award: Stipend. Travel. Tuition fee.
Duration of Award: 1 YEAR
How to Apply: To apply, candidates MUST submit the following:
- By the deadline of 16:00 (UK Time) on 13 December 2022, apply to the CSC via the CSC’s online application system. For further details, click here.
- By the deadline of 17:00 (UK Time) on 06 January 2023, submit a complete King’s College London online admissions application for the MRes Clinical Research or MSc Palliative Care.
Applicants who fail to complete both applications by the given deadline are ineligible and won’t be considered.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.