Agricultural, Food and Environmental Policy Analysis (AFEPA) Erasmus Mundus Scholarship Programme 2019/2020 for International Students
AFEPA begins accepting application to the 2019/20 edition of the programme. Applications for programme admission AND Erasmus Mundus Joint Masters Degrees (EMJMD) Scholarships should be sent not later than the date below.
Application Deadline: 31st January, 2020.
Eligible Countries: International
To be Taken at (Universities): The AFEPA main partner universities are:
- Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore (UCSC) in Milano, Italy
- Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität (UBonn) in Bonn, Germany
- Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU) in Uppsala, Sweden
- Université catholique de Louvain (UCLouvain) in Louvain-la-neuve, Belgium
The associated AFEPA partner universities are:
- Pontificia Universidad Católica (PUC) in Santiago, Chile
- University of Alberta (UAlberta) in Edmonton, Canada
- Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya (UPC) in Barcelona, Spain
- African Economic Research Consortium (AERC) in Nairobi, Kenya
About the Award: The European Master’s programme in Agricultural, Food and Environmental Policy Analysis (AFEPA) responds to the increasing need to better understand the socio-economic and environmental effects of agricultural, food and environmental policies. It provides you with high quality education in their design and assessment. The programme is policy oriented and focuses on economic analysis which prepares you for a professional, international and world-changing career.
Eligibility: To be admitted to the ERASMUS Mundus Master’s Programme in Agricultural, Food and Environmental Policy Analysis candidates need to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent academic degree of minimum three years of undergraduate study corresponding to 180 ECTS credits with a grade of at least an overall average “B” or equivalent grade. Students in their final year of their Bachelor’s degree may be provisionally admitted in the AFEPA Master’s programme on the condition that their Bachelor’s degree is awarded prior to enrollment in the programme.
- A minimum of 24 ECTS credits in economics – including microeconomics, management, mathematics, and statistics. An additional introduction to agricultural, environmental or food sciences is recommended. Please make sure that your official bachelor’s transcript either shows credit points according to the ECTS credit point system or else attach a diploma supplement that explains the credit point system of your university.
- Letter of Motivation (no more than 300 words)
- Reference Letters:
Applicants will be asked to provide two referees in their application form and those two references will then be contacted in order to upload a reference letter for an applicant directly onto the platform. Applicants must therefore make their potential referees aware about the fact that they will be contacted directly by the AFEPA application platform.
- English proficiency test results (not older than two years):
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): 90 on the Internet-based Test (IBT), with a minimum of 20 on the written part.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS): an overall band IELTS score of at least 6.5, and no section below 5.5.
- A test deemed equivalent by the AFEPA Management Board (if you want to submit test results other than from the TOEFL or IELTS tests please obtain our confirmation of that particular test prior to sending your application package).
- Note: Applicants from English speaking countries must provide an official letter from their university from which they graduated attesting that English is the media of instruction. It is upon the consortium’s decision whether an English Test as described above must be submitted additionally.
Number of Awards: Limited
Value of Award: The AFEPA consortium offers a limited number of EMJMD scholarships, which vary according to the geographic origin of an applicant. In addition to the financial contributions described in the table below EMJMD scholarship recipients will be exempt from paying tuition or similar administrative fees. They also benefit from a comprehensive health insurance package and free preparatory language class.
Winners also receive:
- Double degree from two renowned European Universities
- Two-year programme
- Specializations in agri-food and trade policy, environmental and natural resource policy, agribusiness and market analysis, market and consumer research, or development policy
- Yearly Summer School including field trips and social events
- International experience in a world-wide network and great career opportunities
The AFEPA experience gives you:
- A diverse and high quality Master’s education with great career opportunities
- An international experience in a world-wide network and good preparation for a global job market
- A double Master’s degree from two renowned European universities
Duration of Award: 2 years
How to Apply: The application new application plattform can be found at: www.applications.afepa.eu. Please go to this link for all information regarding your application submission.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.