Erasmus Mundus Joint Masters Degree in Tropical Biodiversity & Ecosystems (TROPIMUNDO) Scholarships 2020/2021 for International Students
The first TROPIMUNDO scholarships call for 2020-2021 for all applicants is now open.
Application Deadline: 30th November 2019
Eligible Countries: International
To be Taken at (Country): In any/some of the Consortiums (see in Link below)
About the Award: The world faces a crisis risking extinction of species through global warming. Due to impact of e.g., changes in land use and destruction of habitats, tropical rain forests, mangrove forests and coral reefs are disappearing and with them ecosystem functions, goods and services on which human populations are dependent. In order to conserve nature, to manage or even to restore tropical biodiversity and ecosystems, we must understand patterns of tropical biodiversity, study how organisms interact with their environment and how they respond to perturbations and change. Next to research, this is dealt with in this unique masters programme.
- The scholarships are offered to students who come from a country other than a European country and who are not residents nor have carried out their main activity (studies, training or work) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in these countries. The five-year reference period for this 12-month rule is calculated backwards as from the submission deadline 30/11/2019.
- An internationally accepted Bachelor’s degree (i.e. the equivalent of 180 ECTS) with a major in Biology, Natural Sciences, Environmental Sciences, or equivalent from an accredited university.
- Students must be able to demonstrate proficiency in English or English + French. More information on language requirements can be found in the Online Information and Application Module.
- A personal evaluation of the applications will be done by a selection committee
- In the 1st and 3rd semester basic and specialised extra-curricular language courses are offered based on actual trajectory needs.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: –Scholarships for students from Partner countries (formerly Category A scholarships) (limited to 18,000 EUR Tuition fees for two years, plus a contribution to travel, installation, visa related costs and any other type of costs for two years, plus a monthly allowance of 1,000 EUR except for the months in which a student might be studying in its home country and except for the months in excess of 3 months abroad for non-EU students) can be awarded to Partner country masters students selected by EMMC consortia.
Duration of Award: 2 years
How to Apply: See in Link below
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
10 Best Places To Study Abroad If…
Don’t Take This Common Advice If…
7 Lessons from the 2020 Pandemic and Economic Threat