French Government’s Make Our Planet Great Again Postdoctoral Program 2020 for Researchers
Make Our Planet Great Again is an initiative of the President of the Republic, Emmanuel Macron, launched on 1st June 2017 following the decision of the United States to leave the Paris Agreement on the climate. It is a call to researchers and students, entrepreneurs, associations and NGOs, students and all civil society to mobilize and join France to lead the fight against global warming.
Application Deadline: 4th November 2019
Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, Angola, Benin, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Colombia, Comoros Islands, Cuba, Djibouti, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gambia, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea, Guyana, Haiti, Iraq, Ivory Coast (Côte d’Ivoire), Jordan, Kenya, Laos, Lebanon, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Mozambique, Niger, Nigeria, Palestinian Territories, Paraguay, Peru, Rwanda, Senegal, Saint-Lucia, South Africa, Sudan, Tanzania, Tunisia, Togo, Uganda, Vietnam, Yemen, Zimbabwe.
To be Taken at (Country): France
About the Award: France’s ministries of Europe and foreign affairs (MEAE) and of higher education, research, and innovation (MESRI) have implemented a program of support for foreign postdoctoral researchers wishing to conduct further research in France on a topic related to earth systems, climate change and sustainability, or the energy transition.
- Foreign researchers holding a doctoral degree are encouraged to respond to this call for proposals. Candidates must include with their application a letter from a French host institution agreeing to host their research if the candidate’s proposal is accepted by the program.
- Candidates must possess a doctoral degree. They must not be French nationals and must not have been resident in France after September 1, 2018. Candidates may be of any age. The postdoctoral contract must take effect no later than March 31, 2020.
- The candidates must either come from one of the 56 countries listed above or propose a post-doctoral project that benefits one or several of the listed countries.
Selection Process: Consistent with the aims and requirements of this call for proposals, the selection process will unfold in two phases. In the first phase, scientific experts in the covered fields will evaluate the applications received. In the second phase, an international jury will make the final selection of candidates to receive support.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Institutions hosting the selected researchers will be financed up to:
- 75 000€ to support the candidates research over a period of 18 months
- 50 000€ to support the candidates research over a period of 12 months
- 25 000€ to support the candidates research over a period of 6 months.
Duration of Award: 6-18 months
How to Apply: Candidates must submit their research proposals online at https://campusfrance.smapply.io/prog/mopga_post_doctoral_second_call
- Your CV and the list of your publications in English ;
- Your PhD Diploma ;
- The CV of your postdoctoral supervisor ;
- The letter of commitment of the French host institution for hosting your post-doctorate (the host institution receives a financing a maximum of 75 000€ for 18 months) ;
- Letters of recommendation.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Studying in South Africa Vs UK - Which is better? Study Abroad Comparison
Studying in UK Vs Italy Which Is Better? Study Abroad Comparison
Is It Too Late To Change Career at 27?