Klagenfurt University of Technology Masters Scholarships 2019/2020 for International Students -Austria
Based on an agreement with the University of Klagenfurt the Austrian Agency for International Cooperation in Education and Research – OeAD has published the call for applications, will accompany the selection process, award the scholarships and offer its services to the selected scholarship holders before and during their stay in Austria.
Application Deadline: 20th October 2019
Eligible Countries: Albania; Algeria; Belarus; Bosnia and Herzegovina; Bulgaria; Croatia; Democratic Republic of Congo; Egypt; Estonia; Greece; Israel; Jordan; Kosovo; Latvia; Lebanon; Libya; Lithuania; Montenegro; Morocco; North Macedonia; Palestinian territories; Poland; Romania; Russian Federation; Serbia; Slovenia; Syria; Tunisia; Turkey; Ukraine; Uzbekistan
To be Taken at (Country): Austria
About the Award: The positive development of the regional labour market in the ICT sector has resulted in an increasing demand for skilled professionals.
The University of Klagenfurt is responding to this demand by training highly qualified specialists in the ICT sector and awarding the University of Klagenfurt Technology Scholarships, which aim at
- increasing the number of highly qualified ICT professionals,
- enhancing diversity in the Federal State of Carinthia and at the University of Klagenfurt,
- increasing the number of international students at the University of Klagenfurt, and
- promoting the University of Klagenfurt’s internationalization efforts.
In cooperation with the Carinthian Chamber of Commerce and Federation of Austrian Industries, scholarship holders will be supported in finding a paid internship in the first year of their Master’s degree programme. Scholarship holders shall be enabled to finance the second year of their Master’s degree programme with a paid internship, which is part of the curriculum.
Eligibility: Students who
- have completed a Bachelor’s degree relevant for one the Master’s degree programmes listed below in one of the following countries/regions: Albania; Algeria; Belarus; Bosnia and Herzegovina; Bulgaria; Croatia; Democratic Republic of Congo; Egypt; Estonia; Greece; Israel; Jordan; Kosovo; Latvia; Lebanon; Libya; Lithuania; Montenegro; Morocco; North Macedonia; Palestinian territories; Poland; Romania; Russian Federation; Serbia; Slovenia; Syria; Tunisia; Turkey; Ukraine; Uzbekistan
- can prove very good English language skills (B2, Common European Framework of Reference for Languages – CEFR),
- are not resident in Austria at the time of application, and
- want to pursue one of the following Master’s degree programmes at the University of Klagenfurt:
- Master in Mathematics
- Master in Informatics
- Master in Information Management
- Master in Information and Communications Engineering (ICE):
- Branch of Study Autonomous Systems and Robotics
- Branch of Study Networks and Communications
- Branch of Study Business Engineering
Area of study:
- Computer Science and Business Information Systems
- Electrical Engineering and Information Engineering
Selection Process: The selection process consists of the following stages:
- Examination of the formal requirements
- Assessment and evaluation of the application by experts (including a Skype interview)
- Final decision by the University of Klagenfurt
Please note: The principle of competition applies to all scholarships, i.e. there is no legal entitlement to a scholarship even if all formal application requirements are fulfilled.
Number of Awards: Maximum 20 scholarships will be awarded for the academic year 2019/20
Value of Award:
- Monthly scholarship for the duration of max. 12 months: EUR 650*
- One-time lump sum for travel costs between EUR 25 and EUR 540
Scholarship holders will be exempted from paying tuition fees for the Master’s degree programme at the University of Klagenfurt.
Scholarship holders will be provided assistance when booking accommodation and applying for student health insurance in Austria
Duration of Award: 12 months
How to Apply: Exclusively online at https://grants.at
The following documents have to be uploaded with the online application:
- Completed application form for admission to one of the Master´s degree programmes listed above
- For applicants from non-EU countries/regions:
Proof of admission to their selected programme of study at a state or state-recognised university in their home country/regions (“eligibility letter”)
- Bachelor Certificate* and Transcript of Records of Bachelor’s degree programme
- Complete Bachelor Thesis (copy of original)
- Abstract of Bachelor Thesis in German or English
- Proof of English skills**: Level B2 (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, CEFR)
- Scan of passport (data page with name and photo)
- Two letters of recommendation by university lecturers from the university at which the Bachelor’s degree is being pursued/was earned (not older than 6 months, stamped by faculty/department).
*In the case that applicants haven’t completed their Bachelor’s degree at the time of application, a Trascript of Records will suffice.
**Information for applicants from Syria: The Austrian Embassy in Damascus indicates that some language tests (TOEFL, IELTS, Cambridge) might not be currently available in Syria but only in the neighboring countries.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
15 Inspiring Lessons from 5 African Billionaires for Young People
How to Apply For Commonwealth Scholarship – Tips To Apply To Win
Do Not Move To Germany If…