IMD Switzerland offers Social Responsibility Scholarship for Social Entrepreneurs and NGO Workers from Emerging Countries 2014
Scholarship Name: IMD Social Responsibility Scholarship
IMD Switzerland offers the Social Responsibility Scholarship for Social Entrepreneur and NGO worker in Emerging Countries to study in January 2014
Accepted Subject Areas?
Masters in Business Administration
The International Institute for Management Development –IMD Social Responsibility Scholarship is offered to a talented social entrepreneur or candidate working for an NGO in an emerging country and who would like a top international MBA to expand your horizons so that you can go back and make a difference.
Who is qualified to apply?
- Qualified candidates who have a passion to make a contribution to society through socially responsible leadership
- Currently working as a social entrepreneur or for an NGO in your home country or region
- 4-10 years work experience
- Making a significant contribution to your local environment, country or society in general
- Have leadership characteristics and the ability to have an impact in the class
- Have financial need such that you could not otherwise afford to attend IMD
- Strong command of written and spoken English
- Demonstrate a passion and commitment for socially responsible leadership both in your current role and to go back to your home country or region after the IMD MBA program
What are the benefits?
Scholarship winners will receive Living Expenses (as deemed reasonable by IMD)+ CHF 45,000
How long will sponsorship last? For the duration of the MBA programme
Eligible African Countries
To be taken at (country): Switzerland
What time of year does Application Close?
Application Deadline is July 15, 2012
Offered annually? Yes
How can I Apply?
Send the following information by July 15, 2012 to be considered for the IMD MBA program starting in January 2014:
- Answer the 5 scholarship essay questions below
- Submit your personal information (see form from link below)
- Submit your detailed university transcripts
- Send 2 signed letters of recommendation
- Submit the IMD financial aid application with all supporting documents (see application form from link below)
- Tell us about yourself and your experience (500 words)
- What drives your passion for socially responsible leadership? (100 words)
- What are your future career goals? (100 words)
- Why does an IMD MBA fit with these future career goals? (100 words)
Identify a social entrepreneurship project in your country. How would you implement the project including milestones and funding? Identify positive points that may help you to implement the plan as well as barriers (and possible solutions) that may prevent you from achieving your goals. (1,000 words; Additional supporting project information can be submitted in an appendix.)
- September 15, 2012: The IMD Scholarship Selection Committee will identify a short list of scholarship candidates
- October 30, 2012: Selection of candidates. Candidates will be interviewed by telephone during the month of October.
- January 10, 2013: Completion of GMAT test by selected candidates
- February 1, 2013: Notification of scholarship finalist/s.
- April 1, 2013: Submission of completed IMD MBA application form for the 2014 class.
How can I get more information?
If you need more Information about this scholarship, kindly visit the Scholarship Webpage
Scholarship questions should be sent to [email protected]
International Institute for Management Development (IMD)
Scholarship winners must complete and pass the regular IMD MBA admission process prior to being accepted for the program! IMD does NOT guarantee a place in the MBA program until completion and passing of the regular MBA admissions process.
IMD reserves the right not to award a scholarship if the criteria are not met to the satisfaction of the jury / sponsors.