International PhD Program for Agricultural Economics, Bioeconomy and Rural Development (IPPAE) Scholarships 2020/2021 for Developing Countries – Germany
The International PhD Program for Agricultural Economics, Bioeconomy and Rural Development (IPPAE) program is 42 months long and supports PhD candidates through the process of their research project. Candidates benefit from a DAAD-scholarship and field work support.
Application Deadline: 30th November 2019
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
To be Taken at (Country): Germany
About the Award: The International PhD Program for Agricultural Economics, Bioeconomy and Rural Development (IPPAE) was first accredited in 1992 by the funder, the German Academic Exchange Office (DAAD). The program is the result of a cooperation between the agricultural economics groups of the University of Hohenheim and the University of Giessen. The program is highly competitive and interdisciplinary. Its strength is that all PhD candidates have prior research or work experience in an area close to their PhD topics, which strengthens their analytical skills as well as the amount of knowledge that can be passed from peer to peer. In Giessen, the IPPAE lays its thematic focus on empirical, problem-solving research, at the crossroads between agricultural economics, agricultural sociology, farm economics and sustainable resource use. To date, more than 100 candidates received their PhD through the IPPAE Giessen.
About the Award:
- outstanding scholars from developing countries and emerging economies (DAC)
- 2 years of work experience
- excellent written and spoken English
- MSc degree obtained not more than 6 years prior to application
- MSc degree in agricultural economics or related subjects
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Funding for this program as well as the German language course is provided by DAAD.
- A monthly scholarship which presently amounts to € 1.200 is paid for the time of the doctoral studies (38 months).
- Family allowances are provided if the candidate’s family joins him/her during the time of the doctoral scholarship allocation.
- One return flight per year for 3 years
- Yearly research grant of € 460 to purchase items such as laptops, winter clothes, or cover the costs to participate to courses or conferences
Additional Research Funding
- A fieldwork allowance is provided for 2 years. This allowance is of maximum € 2.500 and is not extendable at all.
- The publication of the PhD Thesis is supported with up to € 1.200.
German Languange Course Funding
- Allowance of € 410 per month
- Accomodation is provided
Duration of Award: The IPPAE Giessen program lasts 42 months. It has a formalised structure which is compulsory to follow. The programme starts 1st of October each year.
How to Apply:
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
How to Prepare For IELTS Exam – In 10 Practical Tips
How to Apply to Win DAAD Scholarship in Germany
15 Inspiring Lessons from 5 African Billionaires for Young People