University of Stuttgart Masters Scholarships in Integrated Urbanism and Sustainable Design (IUSD) 2020/2021 for Students in Developing Countries
Application period for DAAD EPOS Masters Scholarships in Integrated Urbanism and Sustainable Design (IUSD) intake X (winter term 2020) is open.
Application Deadline: 15th October 2019
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
To be Taken at (Country): Germany, Egypt
About the Award: The IUSD program has been jointly developed and established since 2011 by the two partner universities University of Stuttgart and Ain Shams University, Cairo. The double-degree program with the first year in Stuttgart University and the second year at Ain Shams University in Cairo serves as its backbone and is supported by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) through the program “Development-Related Postgraduate Courses”. The double-degree program is supported by a high-profile advisory board and by various German, Egyptian and international organizations, including UNHabitat, GIZ (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH), and CEDARE (Centre for Environment and Development for the Arab Region and Europe). These partnerships offer IUSD students numerous opportunities to test and develop skills in challenging and complex applied contexts.
Starting in 2016, both universities also offer the IUSD as a single degree program in both locations, with different study and exchange opportunities.
- It is open to graduates and young professionals from the fields of architecture, urban planning, landscape architecture and regional planning as well as to graduates with other Bachelor degrees and with relevant professional experience.
- Applying for the EPOS scholarship requires at least two years of program related professional working experience.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- The DAAD offers a limited number of full scholarships for students from a wide range of countries (see DAC-List) studying in the Double Degree Program.
- The scholarships are provided through the EPOS program and cover the entire duration of the course (including travel costs to both countries). EPOS scholarships are only available for the Double Degree Program, studying the first year in Stuttgart, and second year Cairo.
Duration of Award: 2 years
How to Apply: If you would like to apply for the EPOS scholarship, you would have to submit your academic application at both universities through the online portals AND submit the EPOS application and documents until October 15th to the epos email address.
Please check infos about EPOS application here.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
10 Best Places To Study Abroad If…
Don’t Take This Common Advice If…
7 Lessons from the 2020 Pandemic and Economic Threat