British Council/Prince Claus Fund Mobility Grants 2019 for African Artists
A collaboration between the British Council’s _in Motion grant and the Prince Claus Fund Mobility Grant.
- Applications must be received at least 8 weeks before the intended date of travel; applications sent in later can unfortunately not be considered.
- Successful grantees must request reimbursement maximum 4 weeks after the travel has taken place. Reimbursement is granted only after the travel takes place. Applicants that require a pre-payment of the mobility grant may request this. This request will be discussed case by case.
Eligible Countries: Botswana; Ethiopia; Ghana; Kenya; Malawi; Mauritius; Mozambique; Namibia; Nigeria; Rwanda; Senegal; Sierra Leone; South Africa; South Sudan; Sudan; Tanzania; Uganda; Zambia; Zimbabwe.
To be Taken at (Country): Eligible travel routes that would be supported include travel within the countries listed above as well as between the above listed African countries and countries listed in the DAC list.
About the Award: The British Council, and Prince Claus Fund for Culture and Development are issuing a Call for Proposals to support Mobility in and from Africa, specifically prioritising young artists and cultural practitioners from a range of African countries. Through this joint collaboration, we wish to assists in the professional growth and networking possibilities of emerging practitioners from Africa.
- Emerging artists and cultural practitioners are encouraged to apply (individuals or those representing independent cultural/artistic organisations);
- Priority is given to young artists between 18 and 35 yearsof age; Special attention is given to women artists and LGBTQI+ community related projects.
- Applications focusing on contemporary artistic and cultural disciplines including cultural capacity building are encouraged;
- Only applicants travelling from and holding passports of the following countries are eligible for funding: Botswana; Ethiopia; Ghana; Kenya; Malawi; Mauritius; Mozambique; Namibia; Nigeria; Rwanda; Senegal; Sierra Leone; South Africa; South Sudan; Sudan; Tanzania; Uganda; Zambia; Zimbabwe.
- Destinations eligible are limited to all countries listed in the DAC list;
- If you are disabled or have a physical or mental health condition that makes it difficult for you to travel (on your own) please let us know. In this case you may apply for an additional Access Grant. An Access Grant willcontribute to the additional costs incurred as a result of your condition. Please ensure that you clearly state what your access needs are and include the additional costs in your budget requirement in section 3c of the application form. The size of the Access grant will be determined according to your requirements.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: The grant amounts are determined based on general market rates depending on country of departure and destinations. The funding available is to be used for travel, visas, accommodation and general subsistence costs
Types of Travel that are Supported
- Attendance at a meeting, festival, conference for the first time to expand professional networks;
- Attendance at capacity development training (e.g. workshops, talent development programmes)
- Participation in a local arts and culture scene followed by knowledge-sharing with local and/or international peers;
- Setting up new (experimental) cross-border partnerships for upcoming projects, particularly those in the preparation or development phase.
How to Apply: Mobility Fund Application Form 2019 PCFXBC doc 156 KB
- The applicant must be the traveller personally and not a host organisation!
- Please download the application, fill it in and send it to [email protected] together with a biography/Curriculum Vitae and an invitation letter from the inviting organization
- If granted, applicants must supply scanned copies of original travel receipts, accompanied by a signed digital version of a Narrative Report.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.