LafargeHolcim Awards competition in Sustainable Construction (USD 2 million prize money) 2019
Registrations are open in the 6th International LafargeHolcim Awards for Sustainable Construction.
Application Deadline: 25th February, 2020 (14:00 UTC)
To be Taken at (Country): Projects evaluated and awarded across five geographic areas: Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East Africa, and Asia Pacific.
About the Award: The 6th International LafargeHolcim Awards competition seeks leading projects of professionals as well as bold ideas from the Next Generation that combine sustainable construction solutions with architectural excellence.
LafargeHolcim Awards main category
- For exemplary sustainable construction projects at an advanced stage of design from architecture, engineering, urban planning, materials science, construction technology, and related fields.
- No age restriction for project authors.
- Project must not have started construction/fabrication before January 1, 2019.
LafargeHolcim Awards Next Generation category
- For visionary design concepts and bold ideas including design studio and research work.
- Authors can be no older than 30 years of age (date of birth later than June 4, 1988).
- Students and young professionals are also welcome to enter the Awards main category with projects at an advanced stage of design and a high probability of realization.
- Submissions must be in English.
- Entry content includes author details, project summary, statements on sustainability, CO2 lifecycle assessment (for main category), 5–10 project images.
- Entry is free.
- No limit to number of projects an individual/team may enter.
- Step-by-step guide to entering the competition explaining all details available on website.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- USD 2 million total prize money: USD 330,000 per region including USD 70,000 for Next Generation prizes.
- Global LafargeHolcim Awards in 2021 of USD 350,000 selected from winning projects of the regional competitions 2020.
How to Apply: Apply in Link below
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.