Global China Initiative Fellowship Program 2019 – Boston University, USA
Now Accepting Pre and Post-Doctoral Fellow Applications for Global China Initiative Fellowship Program
Application Deadline: 1st October 2019
Eligible Countries: International
About the Award: Boston University’s Global Development Policy Center (GDP Center) seeks applicants for both pre-and post-doctoral fellowships to work on its Global China Initiative (GCI).
Eligibility: To be eligible for the Global China Initiative Fellowship Program
- Successful candidates will have demonstrated experience and interest in researching the economic, social, and environmental impacts of international financial institutions in general and Chinese overseas finance and activity in financial institutions in particular.
- The GDP Center will accept applications from all disciplines, especially engineering, public health, business, and the natural and social sciences.
- Priority geographical regions of interest, in addition to China, include Africa, Latin America, and South East Asia. Fluency in Mandarin Chinese or a language from one of these regions is preferred.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- Fellows will receive full funding for the period and a modest stipend for data collection and/or fieldwork.
- In addition to receiving support for dissertation and post-dissertation work, fellows will participate in the China initiative’s research projects, seminar series, and policy engagement activities.
- A cover letter that demonstrates interest and experience studying Chinese overseas finance.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- Contact information for two references.
- Int’l candidates only: International candidates will need express approval from their sponsoring institution stating that the potential fellow is allowed to earn income from another institution. This is especially important for international students with J-1 visas.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.