ILO Regional Office for Africa (ROAF) Internship Programme 2019
The International Labour Organisation (ILO) has opened 2019 internship applications at its Regional Office in Africa
Application Deadline: 31st July 2019 (midnight local time)
To be Taken at (Country): Abidjan , Ivory Coast
About the Award: The Communication Intern will work on the project “Accelerating action for the elimination of child labour in supply chains in Africa”. The project has the overarching goal to accelerate the elimination of child labour in Africa, through targeted actions in selected supply chains in Côte d’Ivoire, Egypt, Malawi, Mali, Nigeria and Uganda. To achieve this goal, the project has identified four inter-related components (i.e. three outcomes and one cross-cutting knowledge component). The project will work on a) public policy and good governance; b) empowerment and representation, and c) partnership and knowledge sharing among global supply chain actors working in Africa. In addition, the project will be supported by continuous research and identification of good practices from the project implementation and from other sources. Gender is considered as cross-cutting theme; all outcomes will address gender-strategic needs.
ILO Internship Programme provides an opportunity for talented individuals to:
(a) increase understanding of relevant issues at the international level by involving them directly in the work of the Office and the application of ILO principles, programmes and strategies;
(b) gain practical experience with the ILO directly related to their field of study.
The internship programme is not intended to lead to a career in the ILO. There should be no expectation of further employment at the end of the internship.
- You have no close relative serving in the ILO.
- This is your first internship with the ILO (only one internship is permitted).
Education: The candidate must be enrolled in the final year of a graduate degree programme, or in a higher degree programme, in communications, journalism, arts, social sciences and/or a related field, or have completed such programme no longer than one year ago.
Experience: Any relevant work experience or knowledge in social media strategy, communication skills such as digital media, social media, graphic designs and photo editing.
Languages: Fluency (both oral and written) in French and English. Excellent drafting skills (both in French and English) are also required.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verballyShow willingness to acquire new knowledge
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Ability to produce quality results under deadlines
- Ability to work in a multicultural and multilingual environment
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: You should ideally receive funding for your internship through an institution (for example you university/sending institution or a foundation), to cover your subsistence expenses (in Abidjan the stipend is estimated at 377,833 F CFA per months). However, if this is not provided, you will receive this stipend to cover living expenses. If you receive partial funding, ILO will cover the difference to ensure you receive the appropriate stipend per month. Your travel to the duty station will be at your own expense.
Duration of Award: 3 to 6 months (starting on the 1st or the 15th of a given month)
How to Apply:
1. Search for an internship profile via the page on ILO Jobs
2. Select the internship profile you would like to apply for, and create a profile on ILO Jobs
3. Complete your candidate profile and apply to the internship profile
4. Be sure to attach in the last section of the application:
- A cover letter(150-250 words) outlining their reasons for doing an internship ;
- A proof of continuing studies (i.e. a letter of confirmation from a university);
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Applications without required documents will not be considered and you cannot attach them after the deadline.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
25 Things You Did Not Know About Studying In India
This One Skill Will Secure Your Future – And How To “Learn” It
Top 10 High Paying IT Certifications for 2020