University of Edinburgh Scholarships in Ophthalmology 2019 for Students in Developing Countries
A number of online distance learning Masters scholarships are available in the field of Ophthalmology for students from Africa, South Asia, Caribbean Islands, Pacific Islands, Central and Latin America who have been accepted for admission to the two-year, part-time online ChM (Master of Surgery) in Clinical Ophthalmology in academic session 2019/20.
Application Deadline: 29th July 2019 by 23:59 BST
Eligible Countries: Developing countries
To be Taken at (Country): Online
- The scholarships will be awarded to students who are accepted for admission on to the online distance learning Master of Surgery (ChM) in Clinical Ophthalmology at the University of Edinburgh, one of the Edinburgh Surgery Online suite of Masters programmes.
- Applicants should already have been offered a place at the University of Edinburgh and should have firmly accepted that offer or be intending to do so. Applicants should be advanced trainee ophthalmologists.
- Applications from ophthalmologists in independent practice may also be considered.
- Applicants must be both nationals of and resident in the following countries in Award Webpage
- Selection is based on academic merit and the personal statement in which you describe your current contribution to your country’s local and national ophthalmology development plans and how you will use the scholarship to further contribute to the development of ophthalmology services in your country.
- Successful applicants will be committed to working in their country’s ophthalmology service on completion of their studies; to using their new found skills to further enhance and develop the service; and to fostering clinical and academic links between their country’s medical universities, ophthalmology teaching hospitals and research institutes and The University of Edinburgh.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Each scholarship will cover the tuition fee for the entire programme of study and funding towards a laptop and internet service. The award is tenable for two academic years, subject to academic progress.
Duration of Award: 2 years
How to Apply:
- Complete an online EUCLID application for the ChM (Master of Surgery) in Clinical Ophthalmology – instructions on full application process can be found on the University’s degree finder page here. Wait for decision on application via EUCLID.
- If eligible to join the course, you will be given a conditional or unconditional offer, which you must accept prior to applying for a scholarship.
- Email the ChM programme team to declare your wish to apply for a scholarship at: [email protected] by 23:59 BST on Monday 29th July 2019
Please clearly state ‘Application for Scholarship’ in the subject line of your email and follow instructions a-d below, completing the email with the following information:
a) Do you reside in and are you a national of one of the LMIC countries listed above? (Yes/No) Please state which one(s).
b) Include a personal statement (maximum 500 words) in which you describe the following:
- your reason for applying for the Masters programme
- how undertaking this course of study will benefit your career, and
- how you envisage this course enhancing your working practices to transform ophthalmology services in your country to improve eyecare.
c) Include a copy of your CV.
d) Include a letter of support for your scholarship application from your Ophthalmology Educational / Training Programme Supervisor or Director in your locality. It is important to us that our scholars are supported in their workplace whilst studying with us.
If your application for scholarship is successful and an IELTS exam is required to complete your EUCLID application for admission to the ChM in Clinical Ophthalmology, the cost of the exam will be met by the University of Edinburgh.
If the University’s criteria for English Language are met, you will be issued with an unconditional offer of a place on the course, which must also be accepted.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Top 10 Highest Paying Engineering Jobs in the World
5 IMPORTANT WAYS JOBS WILL CHANGE IN THE 4TH INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION
Top 10 Jobs that’ll Pay You to Travel the World