UK Government Department for International Trade (DIT) Lagos Immersion 2019 for Social Innovators
The UK Government’s Department for International Trade (DIT) in partnership with Innovation corner is launching Lagos Immersion. A new challenge which aims to illuminate the strengths of the African technology scene and encourage greater investment; especially those which address some of the macroeconomic and development challenges of the continent.
Application Deadline: 7th July 2019
To be taken at (country): Lagos
- How will you harness tech to support Nigerian companies to do more business internationally?
- How would you use tech to increase gender equality?
- How will you use tech to fill the skill/knowledge gap existing in the economy; putting into consideration the digitally excluded percentage of the population?
- How will you harness tech to reduce the unemployment rate in Nigeria?
- How would you leverage technology to reduce greenhouse gas emissions?
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Successful applicants will receive an invitation to the Lagos Immersion hackathon on July 10, 2019, and winners will receive the following:
- Winners will be paired with mentors with investment background and access to a wider network for 4 months.
- Winners will be invited to the Beyond Nigeria networking session with the Deputy High commissioner of the UK High Commission in August 2019 and subsequent sessions.
- The opportunity to pitch your ideas to potential investors and partners in Nigeria and the UK.
- Winners will receive support from the Department for International Trade and Innovation Corner.
- Access to local and foreign Immersion corporate partners.
How to Apply: APPLY NOW
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage (see link below) before applying
Hi! AfterSchoolAfrica believes in sharing value. If you have come across this opportunity, share with ONLY one person Today.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
25 Amazing Things You Should Do Before You Turn 25
25 Reasons You Should Study Abroad
25 Things You Didn’t Know About Studying In Italy