The Prince of Wales Global Sustainability Fellowship Programme 2019 at University of Cambridge UK
The Prince of Wales Global Sustainability Fellowship Programme aims to attract leading academics from around the world to undertake research in co-operation with the private sector to identify breakthrough solutions to meet the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Application Deadline: 27th May 2019.
Eligible Countries: Global
To be taken at (country): UK
About The Prince of Wales Global Sustainability Fellowship Programme: The University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership (CISL) has established The Prince of Wales Global Sustainability Fellowship Programme with an ambition to unlock the potential of the University to partner with business, government and finance institutions on real-world challenges and opportunities that must be addressed in order to build a sustainable economy.
This exciting new Programme offers Fellows the opportunity to develop and lead research projects of relevance to one of the defined topics. Fellows may have the opportunity to enhance their impact by teaching on CISL’s executive and graduate programmes, and/or supervising students studying for the Master’s in Sustainability Leadership and other CISL graduate programmes.
The first round of Fellowships is now open for applications with a second round following in September 2019. We are currently accepting applications for the following topics:
- Industrial transformation: How will industries, jobs and markets evolve in future decades in response to global challenges, and how should public policy act with business to smooth this path and ensure economic development is inclusive and sustainable?
- Social inclusion: How can companies support more equitable access to income, opportunity and livelihoods at a grassroots level?
- Health: How can companies become agents of improved wellbeing in low-income countries through preventing the causes of ill-health?
- Leadership: How can companies shape the economy to deliver positive sustainability outcomes, while at the same time ensuring successful and resilient organisations?
Eligibility: The Prince of Wales Global Sustainability Fellows will be appointed via the following paths:
The Programme invites applications from candidates around the world to join CISL as Senior Research Associates. This opportunity is open to highly regarded researchers with a strong academic record and interest in conducting research in business, policy or civil society contexts. Appointments will typically be full time; however, part-time applications will be considered at a minimum of 80 per cent FTE. Individuals may also be appointed on alternative models such as secondment, subject to approval by CISL and the host institution.
University of Cambridge applicants
This opportunity is open to highly regarded researchers at any stage of their careers, and from any relevant discipline that are employed by the University of Cambridge. Consideration will be given to candidates who wish to take this opportunity up as a secondment (or related model) provided they hold a contract of employment with the University of Cambridge that is not due to end during the period of the Fellowship. The funding available per Fellowship may be used flexibly to cover the costs of a minimum 40 per cent secondment and associated additional research support employed by CISL. (Cambridge applicants are also free to apply to be appointed as SRAs via the route above.)
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: £40,792-£51,630 salary
Duration of Award: The funds for these post are available for 3 years in the first instance.
How to Apply: Each recruitment path requires candidates to upload the following documents to the University’s Web Recruitment System:
- Cover letter
- Full CV
- Completed research proposal template.
- Proof of institutional support (only applicable if you are applying for a secondment).
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage (see link below) before applying
Hi! AfterSchoolAfrica believes in sharing value. If you have come across this opportunity, share with ONLY one person Today.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
25 Things You Didn’t Know About Studying In Italy
25 things You Didn’t Know About Studying Medicine
15 Underrated Things Successful People Do, Poor People Don’t Do