Young Political Leadership School Africa (Semester VI) 2019 for Emerging African Leaders – Liberia
Over the past four years, Naymote Partners for Democratic Development, Liberia’s premier democracy advancement institution has worked to address some of the governance and leadership challenges across the continent through its Young Political Leadership School Africa (YPLS Africa).
Application Deadline: 30th June 2019 at 11:59 PM. (GMT).
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be taken at (country): Monrovia, Liberia
About the Award: The YPLS Africa program convenes young politicians and youth activists with a passion for supporting good governance, policy advocacy, fostering transparency in government, and mobilizing their communities to ensure that government officials are accountable to the people. Participants could network with like-minded peers and to acquire the skills they need to play an active role in the political and governance processes in their respective countries. The YPLS Africa is a great platform to democratically transform the African continent and improve democratic governance through well experienced, accountable, accessible and responsive young African leaders.
Over the course of three months, fellows will engage in a series of theoretical and interactive exercises designed to develop their knowledge and political leadership skills. The program includes 10 weeks of group discussions, field trips, and civic engagement activities, a one-week intensive classroom lecture series in Monrovia, Liberia, ongoing coaching and mentorship from staff, and a personalized leadership development plan.
Since April 2016, 430 young politicians and activists have participated in the YPLS Africa program. Naymote Partners for Democratic Development is pleased to announce that the YPLS Africa program is accepting applications to welcome its next cohort of 75 emerging African leaders who are interested in public service, shared leadership, policy advocacy, entrepreneurship, communication, political campaigning and community organizing, etc to Monrovia, Liberia from October 14-18, 2019.
Eligibility: To be selected, applicant must meet the following criteria.
1. Applicant must be a college graduate, or active youth leader aged 18- 35 years.
2. Applicant must be a resident of an African country.
3. Applicant must demonstrate a high level of interest in politics, leadership and community service.
4. Applicant must demonstrate commitment to learning and sharing their knowledge and skills.
5. Applicant must have the ability to communicate clearly and be proficient in reading and writing English.
6. Youth activists, young politicians or political candidates, student leaders, women, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Meals and local transportation costs for international students will be provided during the five-day training in Liberia as well as lunch for all participants. All international participants will be responsible for their travel and accommodation while in Liberia. The YPLS, Semester VI supported by the National Endowment for Democracy (NED).
Duration of Award: October 14-18 2019
How to Apply:
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage (see link below) before applying
Hi! AfterSchoolAfrica believes in sharing value. If you have come across this opportunity, share with ONLY one person Today.