Stockholm Environment Institute (SEI) Africa Research Internship 2019 for Postgraduate Students
The SEI Africa internship program provides a unique learning opportunity for postgraduate (MSc and PhD) students and recently graduated students from diverse academic backgrounds.
Application Deadline: 31st May 2019
Eligible Countries: African Countries
To be taken at (country): Kenya
About the Award:SEI Africa provides a hub for SEI’s engagements across the continent, and works actively to make connections with research and policy organizations. The centre work has a focus on four key areas: Energy and climate change; Natural resources and ecosystems; Health and environment; and Sustainable urbanisation. We also have an active communications team with expertise in project communication strategies, writing and social media.
Through these five areas, interns at SEI Africa can benefit from exposure to a wide range of pertinent environmental and development issues in Africa, achieved through research activities, science and policy processes, and field work that allow them to gain valuable work experience and insights.
- You hold a master’s degree in a field related to our work or are currently studying a related master’s course;
- You have an interest in one of SEI Africa’s work areas, i.e. Energy and climate change; Natural resources and ecosystems; Health and environment; and Sustainable urbanisation or communication;
- Minimum internship period is 6 months;
- Fluency in spoken and written English. An additional language especially French and Portuguese is a plus; and
- Priority is given to candidates from Sub-Saharan Africa.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- For applicants from the sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) region, we offer a stipend of Kenyan Shillings 50,000 per month (approx. US$ 500) for the duration of the internship.
- Internship applications from outside SSA are also welcomed, however, if accepted, the intern will be responsible for obtaining their own funding and insurance for the full duration of the internship period at SEI.
- Please note that SEI does not provide housing, and can unfortunately not assist in finding accommodation. We will, however, assist you to obtain a Kenyan visa that will allow you to do your internship for that duration.
Duration of Award: 6 months (July-Dec 2019)
How to Apply:
- Send the following documents to info-Africa@sei.org
- A letter of application, highlighting relevant background, qualifications, desired internship period, research interest area (i.e. Energy and climate change; Natural resources and ecosystems; Health and environment; Sustainable urbanization; or communications) and expected achievement at the end of the internship (maximum 2 pages).
- Curriculum vitae (maximum 2 pages).
- Recent writing samples if any (not mandatory but would be appreciated).
- Before the beginning of each internship period, shortlisted applicants are invited for a short presentation and interview.
- Selected candidates are informed per email.
Hi! AfterSchoolAfrica believes in sharing value. If you have come across this opportunity, share with ONLY one person Today.