World Bank Group Investment Analyst Program 2019 for Young Professionals
IFC is seeking Investment Analysts to support investment teams to develop new business, execute transactions and actively manage portfolio projects in any of the following industry areas: Financial Institutions; Infrastructure and Natural Resources; Manufacturing, Agribusiness and Services; and Telecommunications and Venture Capital.
Application Deadline: None (selections made on a rolling basis)
Eligible Countries: International (Sub-Saharan African nationals, Caribbean nationals, and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply)
To be taken at (country): Positions will be located in IFC Headquarters (Washington, DC), Asia (e.g. Beijing, Singapore, Delhi, Karachi, or Mumbai); Europe and Central Asia (e.g. Istanbul or Vienna), Middle East and North Africa (e.g. Cairo or Dubai), Africa (e.g. Dakar, Nairobi, or Johannesburg), and Latin American and the Caribbean (e.g. Mexico City, São Paulo, or Bogota).
Duties and Accountabilities
- Creating financial models
- Analyzing historical and projected financial statements
- Conducting industry and market research
- Reviewing company information
- Preparing documentation for IFC internal processes
- Participating in investment negotiations
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree
- Ability to develop complex financial models
- Keen interest in development finance and multicultural environments
- Up to 3 years work experience in a financial institution, particularly in investment projects
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills including corporate/project finance
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Fluency in English required, proficiency in additional languages is preferred
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Paid
Duration of Award: IFC recruits investment analysts globally on two-year term contracts extendable to a maximum of four years. Upon completion of their contracts, investment analysts typically leave to pursue a graduate degree or additional work experience, while a select number are promoted to Associate Investment Officer positions.
How to Apply:
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage (see link below) before applying
Hi! AfterSchoolAfrica believes in sharing value. If you have come across this opportunity, share with ONLY one person Today.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
5 Signs You Are Living Above Your Means
10 Warning Signs You Need to Change Career
7 Lessons from the 2020 Pandemic and Economic Threat