Multichoice Talent Factory 2019 film skills development programme for Creative Africans
MultiChoice is inviting eligible applicants to apply for the MultiChoice Talent Factory film skills development programme. The MTF Academy offers eligible applicants who are passionate about telling their own stories a unique opportunity to improve their skills and ultimately contribute to the growth of the local and pan African film and broadcasting industries.
Application Deadline: 14th June 2019 17h00
- West Africa: Nigeria, Ghana.
- East Africa: Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania.
- Southern Africa: Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Namibia, Malawi, Angola, Mozambique.
To be taken at (country): Kenya, Nigeria and Zambia.
About the Award: If you frame your world through camera angles, narrate reality like a movie script, and edit the montage of your life like a film director, then here’s a flash-forward into your future – MultiChoice Africa is calling all aspiring film directors, DOPs, sound guys, and scriptwriters to help us ignite Africa’s creative industries. Who knows, perhaps one day your name will be rolling across the closing credits on our DStv channels.
In May 2019, on the occasion of Africa Month, we’re launching a call to entry for the MultiChoice Talent Factory (MTF) Academy class of 2019. We’re recruiting aspiring African talent – that’s you – to gain theoretical knowledge and hands-on experience in cinematography, film editing, audio production and storytelling. Sixty talented students from 13 African countries will get the chance to hone their film and television production skills alongside industry greats.
- Applicants who hold a qualification must:
- be over 18 years of age;
- be citizens and residents of the countries from which they are selected by MultiChoice to participate in the MTF Academy initiative, namely Angola, Botswana, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe;
- be fluent in English in terms of speaking, reading and writing;
- demonstrate passion for the drama, film, television or related media and entertainment industry during selection interviews; and
- have completed a relevant qualification from an accredited and/or recognised tertiary education institution in drama, film, television or a related media field, within the last 2 years. For the avoidance of doubt, the said qualification must be obtained only from a post-secondary education institution which has been accredited or recognised by a relevant registered institution.
- Applicants with relevant experienceApplicants who have experience in the drama, film, television or related media and entertainment industry and who do not hold a qualification from an accredited and/or recognised tertiary institution will be considered for admission to the MTF Academy if they:
- meet the requirements stipulated in clauses 4.3.1 to 4.3.4 above;
- have the highest secondary school qualification as recognised in the countries where they completed their secondary education;
- not more than 2 years’ work experience in the drama, film, television or related media and entertainment fields;
- are able to demonstrate knowledge and passion for the drama, film, television or related media and entertainment fields as indicated in clause 3.4; and
- possess the foundational technical skills in the fundamentals of Production as determined by MultiChoice in its sole discretion.
Number of Awards: 60
Value of Award: MultiChoice Africa will be providing academy students with a fair and reasonable monthly stipend, calculated at industry standards and in line with MultiChoice Africa’s HR policies, to meet their living expenses. For students who need to relocate, a housing allowance and travelling costs will be provided. Further stipend amounts are set and are non-negotiable.
Expectations: MultiChoice Africa expects students selected to participate in the MTF academies to be:
- Highly passionate about film and television
- Highly engaged and committed to their work in the academy
- Highly focused on extracting the maximum value from the opportunities afforded to them
- Willing to work at all levels of operation to gain a holistic understanding of a very demanding, highly complex environment
- To understand that their ongoing participation in the academy depends on having a professional work ethic at all times – in attitude, output and learning.
Duration of Award: 1 year
How to Apply: If you are driven, committed to developing your skills and interested in participating in the MTF Academy and meet the eligibility criteria set out in either clauses 4.2, 4.3 or clause 4.4, then:
- you must register on the MTF Academy website at multichoicetalentfactory.com;
- correctly and fully complete the online application form;
- write an online a motivation letter; and
- collate and electronically submit all of the relevant supporting documents listed below:
- your curriculum vitae; including contactable references
- certified copy of academic transcripts or certificate from a tertiary institution; and/or
- You may also be required to provide references or any other documents that MultiChoice may stipulat
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage (see link below) before applying
Hi! AfterSchoolAfrica believes in sharing value. If you have come across this opportunity, share with ONLY one person Today.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
5 Signs You Are Living Above Your Means
10 Warning Signs You Need to Change Career
7 Lessons from the 2020 Pandemic and Economic Threat