Apply: Google Indie Games Accelerator 2019 for Game Developers (Fully-funded to Singapore)
In 2019, African game developers will now apply for Google’s Indie Games Accelerator.
Application Deadline: 19th May 2019
Eligible Countries: Bangladesh, Brunei, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam, Egypt, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Nigeria, South Africa, Tunisia, Turkey, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Guatemala, Mexico, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay and Venezuela.
About the Award: According to Google, the Indie Games Accelerator programme is a “special edition of Launchpad Accelerator and is focused on helping top indie game developers from select emerging markets achieve their full potential on Google Play.”
The Indie Games Accelerator programme was previously available for gaming talent from India, Pakistan and Southeast Asia. But Google says they are bringing it back in 2019 and expanding to “select markets in Asia, Middle East & Africa and Latin America to support indie game startups.”
For Middle East and Africa, developers and startups from Egypt, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Nigeria, South Africa, Tunisia and Turkey are eligible to apply.
- You must be a registered developer on Google Play.
- You need to be based in one of the eligible countries: Bangladesh, Brunei, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam, Egypt, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Nigeria, South Africa, Tunisia, Turkey, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Guatemala, Mexico, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay and Venezuela.
- You must be at least 18 years old* at the time of entering the competition.
- You must be the developer of the game you are submitting for review.
- If you are submitting an unreleased game for review, it must have a playable demo APK (Android Package Kit) submitted to Google Play as private beta through the Google Play Console and made accessible to the program team by inviting email@example.com as a beta tester within the Submission Period.
Selection Criteria: All eligible entries will be reviewed by Google teams and program participants will be selected on the basis of:
- Game submitted for review, evaluated on innovation, fun, design, technological and production quality
- Ratings, reviews and performance of previously launched games on Google Play
- Developer’s ability to receive coaching
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Successful participants will be invited to two all-expense-paid gaming bootcamps in Singapore, where they will receive personalised mentorship, invites to events, and other exclusive benefits to help them grow on Android and Google Play.
How to Apply: APPLY NOW
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage (see link below) before applying
Hi! AfterSchoolAfrica believes in sharing value. If you have come across this opportunity, share with ONLY one person Today.