UNU-EHS Environmental Vulnerability & Ecosystem Services (EVES) Internship Program 2019
UNU-EHS and UNU-ViE recruit highly qualified applicants to work as interns within the different UNU-EHS academic sections and UNU-ViE administrative units.
Application Deadline: 17th May 2019 UTC+2
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): Bonn, Germany
About the Award: Environmental Vulnerability & Ecosystem Services (EVES) Section:The EVES section at UNU-EHS conducts original, policy relevant research addressing the vulnerability and resilience of social-ecological systems. Specifically, EVES aims to understand how social ecological systems are affected by environmental hazards of diverse nature such as water and land degradation, floods, droughts, and other hazards. EVES not only considers the impacts of single hazards, but also investigates multiple hazard situations, identifying cumulating or cascading impacts and feedbacks between hazards of contrasting nature such as floods and droughts. The concept of ecosystem services is of central importance in most of the research conducted by EVES researchers. For detailed information please visit: https://ehs.unu.edu/about/sections/eves
Field of Study: Master or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Geography, Geosciences, Geographical Information Systems, Statistics, Spatial Planning, Environmental Sciences, Environmental Management or other relevant discipline.
Essential Skills and attributes:
- Excellent command of English;
- Knowledge of vulnerability and risk concepts;
- Demonstrated experience with spatial analysis and Geographic Information Systems (ArcGIS, QGIS, etc.);
- Basic statistical skills and prior experience with statistical software packages (SPSS, STATA, R, etc.);
- Ability to be flexible and to take iniciative;
- Ability to work in an international team.
- Background in data collection and analysis assistance will be looked on favourably;
- Prior experience in vulnerability and risk assessment is an asset;
- Experience with regression models is an asset;
- High motivated and team oriented person;
- Willingness to learn new concepts, technological skills and methods;
- Interest in scientific research and science-policy-interaction in the field of vulnerability and risk research.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- Gain understanding of the project work and related activities of UNU and the UN System;
- Experience in indicator-based vulnerability and risk assessment.
- The internship is not remunerated.
Duration of Award: The successful candidate will be based at UNU-EHS in Bonn on a full-time basis for a contractual period ranging from 3-6 months.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should submit their application, preferably by e-mail. The email must include the following to be considered:
- Quote reference number in the email subject line;
- Curriculum Vitae in English;
- Cover letter in English: outlining your motivations, possible contributions to the programme and future career goals;
- Completed UNU-ViE application form: Click here to download the application form;
- Two letters of recommendation.
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage (see link below) before applying
Hi! AfterSchoolAfrica believes in sharing value. If you have come across this opportunity, share with ONLY one person Today.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Top 10 Most Useful University Degrees for the Future
Studying in Canada vs USA Which is better Study Abroad Comparison
7 Things You Didn’t Know About the Richest Black Man in the World