Food and Agricultural Organisation (FAO) Associate Professional Officer Programme 2019 – Ethiopia
Food and Agricultural Organisation (FAO) has opened applications for its Associate Professional Officer Programme program in its Subregional Office for Eastern Africa, (SFE). The Subregional Office is a subsidiary of FAO’s Regional Office for Africa (RAF).
Application Deadline: 7th May 2019 9:59:00 PM
Eligible Countries: Developing countries
To be taken at (country): Ethiopia-Addis Ababa
About the Award: FAO’s Subregional Office for Eastern Africa, (SFE) is responsible for developing, promoting, overseeing and implementing agreed strategies for addressing subregional food, agriculture and rural development priorities. It develops and maintains relations with subregion-wide institutions including Regional Economic Integration Organizations (REIOs). It assists the FAO Representations (FAORs) in the subregion with addressing subregional food security, agriculture and rural development issues at country level. The Subregional Office is a subsidiary of FAO’s Regional Office for Africa (RAF).
The post is located in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and is funded by the Netherlands
- This position is only open for nationals of eligible countries as indicated by the Dutch Government: http://www.nedworcfoundation.nl/pdf/List of eligible countries November 2018.pdf (Except Nationals of the country of assignment, Ethiopia)
- Advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent) in food technology/science, agro-food engineering, post-harvest management, agro food value addition, agribusiness or a related field
- Part of the candidates’ academic training must have taken place in a developing country that appears on the following list of eligible countries of the Dutch JPO Programme: http://www.nedworcfoundation.nl/pdf/List of eligible countries November 2018.pdxccf
- Three years (and maximum four years) of relevant experience working in the area of food loss and waste reduction
- Working knowledge of English, French or Spanish and limited knowledge of one of the other two or Arabic, Chinese, Russian
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. For information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, click on the following link: http://www.un.org/Depts/OHRM/salaries_allowances/salary.htm
FAO encourages a positive workplace culture to increase inclusivity and diversity within its workforce. FAO applies measures in which all staff members contribute equally and in full to the work and development of the Organization. This includes:
• elements of family-friendly policies
• flexible working arrangements
• standards of conduct
Duration of Award: Fixed Term
How to Apply:
- To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications and language skills.
- Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile;
- Once your profile is completed, please apply and submit your application;
- Your application will be screened based on the information provided on your online profile;
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list;
- Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments and authorization to conduct verification checks of past and present work, character, education, military and police records to ascertain any and all information which may be pertinent to the employment qualifications;
- Incomplete applications will not be considered;
- Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered;
- We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
Hi! AfterSchoolAfrica believes in sharing value. If you have come across this opportunity, share with ONLY one person Today.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Top 10 Most Useful University Degrees for the Future
Studying in Canada vs USA Which is better Study Abroad Comparison
7 Things You Didn’t Know About the Richest Black Man in the World