Santander & University of Birmingham Scholarship 2019/2020 for International Masters Students
In partnership with Santander bank, the University of Birmingham is delighted to offer scholarships to outstanding Master’s degree candidates from Latin America, Nigeria, Pakistan & the USA.
Application Deadline: 30th April 2019
Eligible Countries: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Uruguay, the USA, and Venezuela.
To be taken at (country): UK
Eligibility: In order to apply, candidates must:
- be coming to Birmingham from one of the following countries (i.e. are domiciled in or resident of): Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Uruguay, the USA, and Venezuela. Priority will be given to students coming from developing ‘lower middle income’ countries (here emboldened) and thereafter ‘upper middle income’ and ‘high income’ countries (as defined in the UN World Economic Situation and Prospects reports).
- have been offered a place to study on an eligible one year Master’s (taught or research) programme at the University of Birmingham, UK campus;
- be classified by the University as eligible to pay the ‘overseas’ tuition fee rate;
- be applying for a programe which is full-time and based at Birmingham’s UK campus (not distance learning);
- have a valid student ID number;
- not be in receipt of a full fee scholarship from any other source;
- have made adequate financial provision to study in the UK (including any associated visa/travel expenses);
- be able to pay any outstanding tuition fees not covered by the scholarship.
- Applicants must have an excellent academic background obtaining a minimum of a First Class Bachelors Degree or equivalent (a CGPA of approximately 3.6-3.8 or above on a 4.0 scale or equivalent).
- Applicants must also demonstrate excellence in an aspect of their life. This might be outstanding academic achievement, exceptional achievement in extra curricular activities (such as sport, music, managing events or societies) or significant achievement gained either in their working life or through volunteering and service to others.
- Applicants must also outline the contribution they will make to the University of Birmingham as a student and what they expect to gain from studying at Birmingham.
Number of Awards: 2
Value of Award: Scholarships worth £5,000 towards the cost of tuition fees for an eligible one year Master’s programme (taught or research). These awards are intended for tuition fees only and cannot be used towards living costs.
Duration of Award: 1 Year
How to Apply:
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage (see link below) before applying
Hi! AfterSchoolAfrica believes in sharing value. If you have come across this opportunity, share with ONLY one person Today.