AIMS-Carnegie Postdoctoral Fellowships in Data Science and its Applications 2019 for African Researchers
In partnership with the Carnegie Corporation of New York, the African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) is inviting new and recent PhD holders with an interest in Data Science and its related disciplines (such as Mathematics, Statistics, Machine Learning, Quantum Machine Learning, Cluster Analysis, Data Mining, Big data Analytics, Data Visualization, Artificial Intelligence, Neural Networks, Deep Learning, Deep Active Learning, Cognitive Computing among others), to apply for one of seven attractive postdoctoral fellowship opportunities at its pioneering research centre – Quantum Leap Africa (QLA) in Rwanda.
Application Deadline: Prospective applicants are encouraged to apply before the end of April, July or September 2019.
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be taken at (country): Kigali, Rwanda
About the Award: The AIMS-Carnegie Research program in Data Science and its Applications aims to position Africa at the forefront of information science. It also seeks to ensure that scientists worldwide are able to fully contribute to the above goal.
- Applicants can be from any country.
- Applicants must hold at least a PhD degree in any field related to mathematical sciences before the start date of this position.
- Applicants should be interested in undertaking research in Data Science and its related disciplines (such as Mathematics, Statistics, Machine Learning, Quantum Machine Learning, Cluster Analysis, Data Mining, Big data Analytics, Data Visualization, Artificial Intelligence, Neural Networks, Deep Learning, Deep Active Learning, Cognitive Computing among others)
- Knowledge in mathematical modelling would be an advantage.
- Applicants are encouraged to collaborate with at least one researcher at AIMS; however, this is not mandatory.
- Applicants must be open-minded, and must be willing to conduct their research at their preferred AIMS Research Centre, or a designated partner institution in one of the AIMS host centres
Number of Awards: 7
Value of Award: Successful candidates will each benefit from financial support of up to $28 440 per annum for a two year postdoctoral term. Funding is also available for conferences and international scientific events. The term can be renewed based on satisfactory progress. Fellows would preferably be based at QLA in Rwanda and could be affiliated to any of the AIMS Research Centres and spend time in other international partner universities or research centres. Beneficiaries may also be affiliated to any recognized institution of higher learning located in the same country as the AIMS Research Centre.
Duration of Award: 2 years
How to Apply: Applicants must use the online application portal to apply and submit the below supporting documents:
a completed proposal form,
a letter of motivation,
a curriculum vitae, and
electronic copies of three representative publications, if applicable.
These supporting documents should be submitted in a pdf format and named using the following format: “AIMS-Carnegie-postdoc–first and last name of applicant-type of document- monthyear of submission” e.g. “AIMS-Carnegie-postdoc–JohnJake-CV-July2019”
Before starting the application process, applicants should provide complete and accurate contact information (email address, title, names) of two referees who will provide confidential letters of support on their behalf. We will request these letters of support directly from the referees. It is the applicant’s responsibility to provide their referees with a copy of the ‘Terms of Reference’ and the ‘Instructions for Referees’. The applicant is also responsible for ensuring that their referees have received the request for a letter of support from us and have submitted the requested letters to us on time.
Applications shall be considered complete if all the documents listed above, including support letters, are received by AIMS before the evaluation start date.
Hi! AfterSchoolAfrica believes in sharing value. If you have come across this opportunity, share with ONLY one person Today.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Studying in South Africa Vs UK - Which is better? Study Abroad Comparison
Studying in UK Vs Italy Which Is Better? Study Abroad Comparison
Is It Too Late To Change Career at 27?