CDT-Africa Regional Women’s PhD Fellowship 2019 – Ethiopia
The Centre for Innovative Drug Development and Therapeutic Trials for Africa (CDT-Africa) is providing African women with PhD Scholarships in Tropical and Infectious Diseases at Aklilu Lemma Institute of Pathobiology, Addis Ababa University, for the 2019/20 academic year.
Application Deadline: 11th August 2019.
To be taken at (country): Aklilu Lemma Institute of Pathobiology, Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia
About the Award: The Centre for Innovative Drug Development and Therapeutic Trials for Africa (CDT-Africa) is a World Bank supported centre of excellence for education and research at Addis Ababa University, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The main aim of CDT-Africa is to serve as a platform for equitable access to interventions (drugs, vaccines, diagnostics and complex interventions) and bring about sustainable development in Africa through high-quality capacity development for innovative medical discovery and development.
CDT-Africa and Aklilu Lemma Institute of Pathobiology at Addis Ababa University are partnering for joint research and education programs, amongst of which is providing PhD and MSc fellowship opportunities to outstanding students.
As part of this partnership, CDT-Africa plans to provide financial and technical supports to African women who would be admitted to pursue PhD in Tropical and Infectious Diseases at Aklilu Lemma Institute of Pathobiology, Addis Ababa University, for the 2019/20 academic year.
Eligibility: To be eligible for this fellowship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Woman national in Eastern or Southern Africa other than Ethiopia.
- Hold Master’s degree in biomedical or health sciences from a reputable university and completed the MSc with CGPA ≥3.40.
- Successfully pass entrance examination at Aklilu Lemma Institute of Pathobiology,and obtain admission at Addis Ababa University.
- Submit a preliminary research proposal potential for developing new therapeutic solutions – drugs, diagnostics, vaccines, and complex interventions – to major diseases plaguing Africa relevant to medical discovery and development.
- Be able to enrol and attend the program on a full-time basis from 2019-2020 academic year.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: The fellowship covers a modest monthly stipend, dormitory, medical coverage, and funding to support research projects.
How to Apply:
- Application document (CV, motivation letter, PhD project concept note, official transcript and copies of degrees) must be submitted in electronic copy via email to Dr Tsegahun Manyazewal (email: [email protected]) copying Ms Bethelhem Fekadu (email: [email protected]).
- The motivation letter should describe how the applicant meets the requirements for the PhD fellowship and why she wants to engage in the fellowship.
- Interview will be conducted in late August via Skype.
Hi! AfterSchoolAfrica believes in sharing value. If you have come across this opportunity, share with ONLY one person Today.