Austrian Government Joint Excellence in Science and Humanities (JESH) programme 2019 for North African Students
Via the Joint Excellence in Science and Humanities (JESH) programme, the Austrian Academy of Sciences promotes the development and intensification of cooperation between outstanding young researchers from abroad and scholars in Austria.
Application Deadline: 15th April 2019
About the Award: JESH is an OeAW funding programme providing young scholars in all fields of research from the target countries listed below the opportunity to initiate or intensify international contacts and cooperation.
Projects funded within the framework of JESH must reinforce the research landscape in the recipient’s country of origin. Joint research activities are intended to increase chances of securing third-party funding by international funding institutions such as the ERC, to name just one example. Successful JESH projects contribute to the establishment of sustained relations between scholars in Austria and the focus countries and to the further development of international research cooperation in their particular field of research.
Eligibility: Applications are invited from scholars who completed their doctorate/PhD studies no longer than 10 years ago and are affiliated to a university or non-university research institute in one of the focus countries. If a candidate is successful in his or her application, this affiliation must continue to exist after the receipt of JESH funding.
Only one application may be submitted per person.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: 2,700 Euro per month
Duration of Programme: 2-6 months
- Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Moldavia, Montenegro, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovenia, Ukraine
- Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kirgizstan, Mongolia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan
- Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Pakistan, Syria, Turkey
- Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Morocco, Tunisia
- Argentina, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Columbia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela
To be taken at (country): Austria
How to Apply:
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage (see link below) before applying