Apply: UNIDO ITPO Italy Contest 2019 for Innovative Ideas and Technologies in Agribusiness
UNIDO ITPO Italy invites applications for the international contest “Innovative Ideas and Technologies in Agribusiness”. Innovative ideas and technologies relative to the entire agribusiness value chain – developed by startups, businesses, research centers and academia – that could be successfully applied in Developing Countries (DCs) are eligible.
Application Deadline: 31st March 2019 GMT
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
To be taken at (country): Rome, Italy
About the Award: The international contest is aimed at identifying “Innovative Ideas and Technologies in Agribusiness” that could lead to social, environmental and economic improvements if implemented in Developing Countries (DCs).
The contest offers an opportunity at international level to highlight and promote new solutions to upgrade food security and safety requirements in DCs while creating links with the business world to establish positive synergies with the opportunity to submit the project to potential partners in the UNIDO network.
The initiative is promoted by UNIDO ITPO Italy, Investment and Technology Promotion Office of the United Nations Industrial Development Organization, in collaboration with the Future Food Institute.
Field of Study: Specifically, priority will be given to the following themes:
- Cultivation, harvesting, processing, conservation, packaging and distribution of agricultural, livestock and fishery products;
- Valorization of agricultural products of local communities and aimed at fighting food waste and losses;
- Logistics management and access to international markets of agricultural products of DCs;
- Improvement of life and economic conditions of workers in the agricultural and similar sectors in DCs;
- Development and qualification of a local market for food and agricultural goods and byproducts;
- Environmental solutions for agribusiness waste treatment & management, and production of energy and water from alternative sources for agricultural, human and zoo technical use;
- Smart and Urban Agriculture and ICT & big data application.
Type: Contest, Entrepreneurship
Eligibility: The proposal submitted by participants to the tender must be from applicants belonging to the following categories:
- Micro, small, medium, and large enterprises;
- Startups operating in the relevant sectors;
- Research centers, incubators, Technology Transfer offices, university spin-offs, and academia;
- Public-Private Partnerships;
- Associations, business consortia and networks, NGOs, as well as public and private foundations linked to the business world and international cooperation;
- Researchers, innovators and smallholders farmers.
The joint participation of candidates belonging to different admissible categories, with the adequate indication of the leading applicants, will represent an added value to the project. Belonging to a team will have to be a well-motivated decision.
The organizers encourage the participation of proposal at any level of development, from early stage ideas to scaling up projects, but also innovative technologies under testing and evidence collection. Participation to the initiative is free of charge.
Number of Awards: At the end of the selection process the jury will select 7 winners for the following categories:
- #3 Overall
- #1 Women
- #1 Young – Under 35
- #1 Agrofood & Climate Change
- #1 Agrofood & Biodiversity
Moreover, among the news for this edition, also a mention of honor will be assigned to the most disruptive innovative proposal.
Value of Award: Winners will be contacted in the days following the date of closure of the call for proposals and invited to the Award Ceremony scheduled on 15 May 2019 in Rome within the framework of EXCO 2019, the first ever international expo of Development Cooperation to be held in Italy this year.
The winners will also be offered the following services:
- Opportunity to participate as a keynote speaker and guest of honor within EXCO 2019 to be held in Rome next 15 May 2019;
- Realization of an ad hoc web page on the winner innovative idea and / or technology within the UNIDO ITPO Italy’s institutional website (www.unido.it) and assistance in defining a project’s promotional strategy;
- Honest brokering services to access, through ad hoc promotional activities, to the worldwide UNIDO, ITPOs and FFI network with the aim to guarantee the maximum visibility to the winner proposal and foster the conclusion of international technical, financial and academic partnerships;
- Opportunity to be involved to the international initiatives organized by Future Food Institute in Europe, United States, China, Japan and Thailand;
- Advisory and mentorship services concerning the awarded project;
- Opportunity to test the winning ideas and technologies in the 70 hectares field of the Future Farm in Italy.
How to Apply: Applications must be received by 31st March 2019, at the following link: www.unido.it/award2019
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage (see link below) before applying
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Studying in South Africa Vs UK - Which is better? Study Abroad Comparison
Studying in UK Vs Italy Which Is Better? Study Abroad Comparison
Is It Too Late To Change Career at 27?