Pernod Ricard Fellowship 2020 for African Artists, Curators and Researchers (Fully-funded to Paris, France)
Pernod Ricard and Villa Vassilieff are delighted to announce the continuation of the Pernod Ricard Fellowship for the fifth consecutive year.
Application Deadline: 30th April 2019
Eligible Countries: This year, the Pernod Ricard Fellowship focuses on four geographical zones: Southern Europe, Asia, South America, Africa.
To be taken at (country): Paris, France
About the Award: Every year, 4 international Fellows (artists, curators and researchers) are invited by an Artistic Committee for a 3-month residency on the basis of a research proposal.
The Pernod Ricard Fellowship is conceived as a research and artistic platform, experimenting with non‑linear models of generating and distributing knowledge to encourage different possible connections between researchers, contemporary artists, cultural institutions, non-profit organizations and the general public.
Inheriting the cosmopolitan and convivial spirit of the historical studio, art academy and artists’ cantina founded and run by Marie Vassilieff in the heart of Montparnasse, the Fellows enjoy a tailor-made support, special meetings with local or international researchers and art professionals relevant to their needs, and access to a rich network of institutions in France and abroad such as Centre Pompidou (a long-term, privileged partner of Pernod Ricard and Bétonsalon – Center for Art and Research).
Type: Short course (Residency)
Eligibility: Fellows (artists, curators and researchers) are invited by an Artistic Committee for a 3-month residency on the basis of a research proposal.
Number of Awards: 4 (1 likely from each region)
Value of Award:
- A 3-month residency in a in a private studio at Villa Vassilieff
- A 6000 euro grant to cover living expenses in Paris
- A 5000 euro production & research grant
- A tailor-made program of meetings and visits
- 1 or 2 round-trips to Paris
- Access to unexplored resources
- An exceptional network of collaborators, with Centre Pompidou as main partner
Duration of Programme: 3 months
How to Apply: Before April 30, 2019, please send a proposal including:
- A short outline for a research project to be developed in Paris. –
- Please provide a short artistic statement to introduce your practice (300 words max.)
- – Describe a proposal for a research program to be developed at Villa Vassilieff (500 words max.)
- – Please outline some of the resources and contacts that you would like to activate during your research (500 words max.)
- Please include all these answers in a single PDF document.
- Documentation of previous works (portfolio, PDF format max. 50 MB)
- Bio (300 words max.) + CV
- Your availabilities in 2020 to be in Paris for the residency. You should be at least free 3 months during the year to be selected for the residency program.
The application must be sent by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: Pernod Ricard Fellowship Application