Merck Innovation Summer School 2019 for Masters and PhD Students
Up to twelve brilliant international students, one unique opportunity: the chance to attend the 3-month Innovation Summer School of Merck KGaA Darmstadt, Germany at our Innovation Center this June.
Application Deadline: 25th March 2019
Eligible Countries: All
To be taken at (country): Darmstadt, Germany
About the Award: Merck is looking for up to 12 PhD and experienced Masters students from any discipline, studying at one of the world’s top universities. Do you enjoy working on novel ideas with the potential to generate transformational change? Then, this is a great opportunity for you!
It is a paid 3-month intrapreneurship program (June-August 2019) that allows you to learn about intrapreneurship, meaning innovation in a corporate environment, and grow a seed idea into a “pitchable” innovation concept. The program is designed for PhD students and experienced Masters students and is fully integrated into our Innovation Center. We are looking for outstandingly talented individuals to absorb everything they can about innovation from Merck KGaA Darmstadt, Germany experts, and ideate around key Innovation Fieldsat our company.
The program is designed to develop exceptional talent from around the world through intensive innovation trainings, involvement in innovation practice, and hands-on project experience at a state-of-the art Innovation Center. Ultimately, the goal of the program is to develop new innovation projects that lead to new businesses. Our Innovation Summer School intrapreneurs will have the opportunity to pitch their ideas at the end of the 3-month program, which could become real innovation projects.
Type: Entrepreneurship, Masters, PhD
Eligibility: The program is designed for PhD students and experienced Masters students
Number of Awards: Up to 12.
Value of Award: At the the Summer School, you will:
- Gain a deep understanding of how a leading global science and technology company drives innovation and change from its futuristic Innovation Center at the company’s headquarters.
- Discover how a global player like Merck KGaA Darmstadt, Germany enables innovation within corporate structures in a flexible, agile and modern future work environment
- Get paid for learning as an intrapreneur, understanding the challenges and chances of corporate innovation.
- Benefit from the support of two student organizations: the German National Board of Young Chemists Association (JungChemikerForum) of the German Chemical Society (GDCh), and the Young Business Chemists (Junge WirtschaftschemikerInnen).
- Receive accommodation support in Darmstadt
- Experience a truly intercultural and interdisciplinary learning environment with a unique mix of young and experienced talents from around the world
- Attend cultural and fun activities, for example the Merck KGaA Darmstadt, Germany Philharmonic Orchestra’s “Last Night of the Proms” garden concert
- Receive an Innovation Center certification as proof of expertise
- Get to know the Rhein-Main region in the center of Germany from Darmstadt, the City of Science
- Get support for Visa applications as required
Duration of Programme: 3 June – 30th August 2019
How to Apply: Register now
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage (see link below) before applying