WHO/University of Ghana School of Public Health Alliance Masters and PhD Scholarships 2019/2020 for African Students
University of Ghana School of Public Health (UGSPH) in collaboration with the World Health Organization (WHO) Human Reproduction Programme (HRP) Alliance is pleased to invite suitably qualified candidates to apply for a place in the following full-time postgraduate programmes, with focus on Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) Implementation Research, for the 2019/2020 academic year, commencing August 2019.
Application Deadline: 12th April 2019
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be taken at (country): Ghana
About the Award: The scheme, UGSPH HRP Alliance Hub, provides scholarships for fulltime studies. Only applicants from WHO African Region are eligible to apply.
The goal of this scheme is to enhance graduate training capacity building and boost the number of sexual and reproductive health and rights researchers in African countries. Thus, the training will be focused on courses relevant to a career in sexual and reproductive health and rights implementation research with focus on ousting preventable maternal morbidity and mortality, improving neonatal health, ensuring delivery of quality sexual and reproductive health services, prevention of violence against women and girls and adolescent sexual and reproductive health needs, and other SRHR related areas. This therefore supports the identification of health system bottlenecks in SRHR and approaches to addressing them.
Type: Masters, PhD
- Applicants must be a citizen of any of the countries in the WHO African Region
- Applicants should normally be under 35 years old for the Master’s programme, and under 40 years of age for the PhD programme.
- People affiliated to WHO Human Reproductive Programme Partner Institutions are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must meet the standard University of Ghana admission requirements for both local and international graduate students, and have gained admission to the University of Ghana. : http://admission.ug.edu.gh/applying/postgraduate/apply-now-post-graduate-admissions .
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: The scholarship is tenable at the University of Ghana, School of Public Health and covers:
- Full tuition fees
- Full research costs towards dissertation/thesis
- Monthly stipend to cover living expenses including accommodation, equivalent to local living cost
- Return economy airfare between the home country of the student and Accra, Ghana.
Duration of Programme:
- Master’s Degree Scholarships (Master’s in Public Health – 12 months, Fulltime)
- PhD Scholarships (48 months – Fulltime)
How to Apply: Applicants must submit the following documents by email to [email protected]:
- Filled application form for the UGSPH WHO HRP Hub international postgraduate scholarship to be downloaded from the School of Public Health Website: http://publichealth.ug.edu.gh/ or the University of Ghana Website www.ug.edu.gh
- Full Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Personal statement
- Two references. Referees should email their recommendations directly to
- Evidence of submission of University of Ghana application for admission into relevant postgraduate programme.