Berlin Energy Transition Dialogue (BETD) Media Fellowship 2019 for Journalists – All expenses paid
Apply now for the Berlin Energy Transition Dialogue (BETD) Media Fellowship providing aspiring journalists from all over the world the opportunity to come to Berlin in April and enjoy a full week of cutting-edge policy discussions, site visits and networking with the energy sector.
Application Deadline: 24th February 2019
Eligible Countries: All
To be taken at (country): Germany
About the Award: On 9–10 April 2019, the German Government invites the world to the annual inspiring dialogue on the global energy transition, the Berlin Energy Transition Dialogue (#betd2019). Every year, high-level participants from politics, industry, science and civil society gather in Berlin for two days to discuss the shift to a sustainable energy system. This year’s focus will be on:
• shifting geopolitics,
• integrated energy transition,
• structural change
• and digitalisation and blockchain.
Type: Workshop, Fellowship
Number of Awards: Limited
Value of Award: The BETD Media Fellowship allows young journalists from around the world to come to Berlin and
• gain access to this exclusive conference,
• talk to high-level global energy stakeholders,
• connect with the other BETD Media Fellows,
• and experience the energy transition hands-on with exclusive guided tours and side events during the Berlin Energy Week (8–12 April 2019).
During the conference, the BETD Media Fellows will report on the conference sessions through
• social media channels, especially Twitter,
• video clips, interviews and reports,
• and the official website.
In addition, BETD Media Fellows will have the opportunity to submit photos, stories and interviews and to report on energy-related stories from their own countries.
The German Government will cover travel costs including board and lodging.
Duration of Programme: 8–12 April 2019
How to Apply:
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage (see link below) before applying
Award Provider: Germany Government