Now Open: Young African Explorers Program 2019 for Aspiring Leaders #YAEProgram
Imagine a world where everyone gets the opportunity to succeed…
Are you a secondary school leaver or about to complete your secondary education? Do you want to learn how to apply for scholarships to study in any part of the world? The Young African Explorers Programme, YAEP is a workshop and mentorship program to equip talented and determined secondary school leavers who are good candidates for financial assistance from universities across the world.
There are many talented, smart and ambitious young Africans who only require access to the right opportunities and guidance to better their educational and professional future. We believe that with the right opportunities, young Africans can achieve greater success and make significant impact.
To be eligible for the YAEP workshop, applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You are currently in your final year or term of secondary school or have already completed secondary education.
- You must be between the ages of 15– 20 Years by the application deadline.
- You must be a citizen or permanent resident of an African country. For this round, only students who can attend the workshop in Lagos Nigeria will be selected.
- You must have attended secondary school in an African country.
A typical YAEP participant has:
- Demonstrated leadership potential.
- Above average academic performance.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English language
- A desire and ability to work cooperatively with peers
- Persistence and determination when facing challenges
Priority will be given to applicants involved in extracurricular and community development activities. Female students are encouraged to apply.
Value of Programme:
- Career guidance
- Valuable knowledge to take advantage of local and international scholarship opportunities.
- Networking with other participants
- Guidance on how to write essays
- Meal during workshop
- Provision of Workshop materials
- A Certificate of Participation will be awarded at the end of the workshop.
- Mentorship: At the end of the program, each participant is paired up with a mentor, based on academic interest, for ongoing guidance. Mentors are on-hand to help YAEP participants in several areas such as identifying extracurricular activities, choosing course of study and universities, writing essays, and test preparation strategies.
Application deadline: 8th March 2019
Programme date: Saturday 27th April 2019
Programme location: Lagos, Nigeria
Number of participants: Fifteen (15)
Duration of Programme: One day event [9am – 4pm] + Ongoing mentorship
How to Apply
Interested candidates must fill out the online application.
Write two short essays on the following topics:
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?(100-300 words)
- Why should you be selected to be Part of the YAEP? (100-300 words)
Applicants will be notified electronically of decisions by the selection committee by late-March or early-April 2019.
About the Award
The Training will be led by past award beneficiaries, member of committees of award programs and seasoned facilitators. Participants will engage in robust in-class discussion with classmates and facilitators. After the workshop, each participant will be assigned a mentor to guide them in their career decisions, application for scholarship and other opportunities.
Applicants are welcome from all the states in Nigeria. However, students must be able to reach our office in Lagos during the program for full participation.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
How to Apply to Win DAAD Scholarship in Germany
15 Inspiring Lessons from 5 African Billionaires for Young People
How to Apply For Commonwealth Scholarship – Tips To Apply To Win