Zukunftskolleg’s AAA Fellowships 2019 for Early-career Researchers from Developing Countries
The Zukunftskolleg’s AAA Fellowships support early career researcher from Africa, Asia and Latin America.
Application Deadlines: 31st March 2019 and 30th April 2019
Eligible Countries: AAA countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
To be taken at (country): Germany
About the Award: The AAA Fellowships are offered to researchers related to one of the thirteen departments of the University of Konstanz.
You can use this time to extend your research networks and to get to know the re-search environment at the University of Konstanz, without losing your ties to your home uni-versity. As these fellowships can build a first bridge to the German and European academic system, we also encourage doctoral students in their last year to apply. As a AAA Fellow, you will have a Zukunftskolleg Fellow as a partner who will help you integrate into your re-spective department and will support you during your research.
Funding follows DAAD rules and will include a stipend of 1.200€/ month and a contribution to travelling to Konstanz and back. The Zukunftskolleg will not offer employment contracts for AAA fellows. You may negotiate a contribution to health insurance and visa costs with the Central Office after the application was granted by the Executive Committee.
Type: Research, Fellowship
- You are from an AAA country.
- You hold a doctorate or equivalent professional qualification OR are a doctoral student in your last year. Please provide either the certificate or a letter from your supervisor com- menting on the progress of your doctoral thesis.
- You do not hold a permanent academic position or a professorship, nor do you have a Habilitation or equivalent (Venia legendi).
- Your research project should tie in with one of the disciplines represented at the University of Konstanz.
- You should identify a researcher at the University of Konstanz with whom you intend to collaborate. Preference will be given to applicants who plan to team up with one of our current Zukunftskolleg Fellows.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- Status as associated Fellow at the Zukunftskolleg;
- The opportunity to present your research work to an interdisciplinary community at the Zukunftskolleg’s weekly Jour Fixe;
- Interaction with a lively international community of peers and support with contacting other researchers in your area of research;
- Access to events organized by the Zukunftskolleg;
- Access to library resources;
- Access to IT services;
- Access to research support services (via Research Support, Academic Staff Development);
- Access to soft skill and cultural awareness courses (via Welcome Center, Academic Staff Development and external cooperation partners).
Obligations for visiting researchers
- You will live in Konstanz or nearby throughout the AAA Fellowship (the Welcome Centre of the University of Konstanz will gladly provide support with all organisational aspects of relocating to Konstanz);
- You will actively contribute to the interdisciplinary dialogue at the Zukunftskolleg during the weekly Jour Fixe meetings (during semester);
- You will interact with fellows and researchers in relevant departments at the University of Konstanz;
- You will give a presentation in a seminar or a public lecture;
- You will acknowledge Zukunftskolleg support in any publications resulting from the stay;
- You will write a short report (1 page) on your activities and achievements (within 6 months of completing your AAA Fellowship).
Duration of Programme: The AAA Fellowships have a duration of up to three (or six) months
How to Apply: Please submit your application documents in English as a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should include the following in the link below
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage see link below) before applying