UNCTAD Internship – Creative Graphic Designer in the Division for Africa, Least Developed Countries 2019
UNCTAD is looking for an individual with visual sensibility, creativity, innovation and technical proficiency to provide graphic solutions to convey the main messages of Economic Development in Africa Report 2019 in a dynamic, simple, and attractive way. The intern will work in a team and under the supervision of the Chief of the Africa Section in ALDC.
Application Deadline: 19th February 2019
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be taken at (country): Switzerland, Geneva
About the Award: This posting is for an internship opportunity in the United Nations Conference for Trade and Development in Geneva. There should be no expectation of employment within the UN after an internship. Interns shall not be eligible to apply for, or be appointed to, positions at the professional level and above in the Secretariat for a period of six months following the end of their internship. UN interns must have a valid visa.
Eligibility: To qualify for an internship with the United Nations Internship Programme, applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
• Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or
• Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or
• Have graduated with a university degree and, if selected, much commence the internship within a one year period of graduation from an academic programme. Applicants who are unable to commence the internship within one year of graduation shall not be accepted.
Applicants also must:
• Be computer literate in standard software applications;
• Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter; and
• Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which includes willingness to understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
For this internship position the candidate should have a Bachelor or Master in the field of design, communications, media (including film and video), public relations or related fields.
Applicants are not required to have professional work experience for participation in the programme. However, practical experience in areas such as design, media, communication or advertising is preferable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. Fluency in English is required for the internship. Knowledge of an additional official UN language is an asset. Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish are the official languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: The internship programme is UNPAID and full-time. Interns work five days per week (40 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office to which they are assigned.
Duration of Programme: Internship opportunities are for a maximum of six months.
How to Apply: Apply
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage see link below) before applying
Award Provider: UNCTAD – United Nations Conference on Trade and Development