Harvard University Women in Global Health LEAD Fellowship 2020/2021 for Women Leaders
In an effort to equip and empower more women leaders, the Harvard Global Health Instituteand the Women and Health Initiative at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health are offering a new fellowship specifically designed for rising female leaders from low- and middle-income countries.
Application Deadline: 15th March 2020
Eligible Countries: All.
To be taken at (country): Harvard University
About the Award: A Harvard LEAD fellowship is a transformative experience designed to empower emerging female leaders in global health. Successful applicants will articulate a clear vision for personal growth, leadership and change. Based on their specific needs and goals, fellows will spend a semester at Harvard University engaging in tailored leadership training, mentoring, speaking and networking opportunities, and independent project work.
This unique opportunity combines a 4-month residence at Harvard with the development and execution of an 18-month professional development plan. Selected fellows will take classes in any of Harvard’s schools based on their field of work; they will receive general leadership training and be invited to share their experiences and to lead, both while at Harvard and upon their return to their places of work. They will also be part of a mentoring program focusing on their specific needs, industry and career path, utilizing mentors at Harvard, in their industry and in their home countries long past their time at the university. Women from all continents, regions, disciplines and sectors are eligible to apply.
Building on their Harvard experiences, fellows will return to their home organizations to execute their unique personal growth and leadership plan, with full support from their employers and institutional mentors. Deliverables for this part of the fellowship include hosting training events for peers on specific leadership skills, progress reports, and mentoring a future LEAD fellow as well as initiatives and action items specific to each fellow.
- Applicants for this mid-career fellowship must work full-time in the field of global health. They need to have at least 15 years of professional experience, including proven leadership experience. Global-health related work completed as a university student does not count as professional experience.
- Candidates need to be able to reside in the Boston/Cambridge area during their semester at Harvard. While at the university, they must be free of work-related commitments. They must have the full support of their employers, and they must have a champion in their organization who signs on as an internal mentor. If chosen, they also must agree in writing to honor the leave-stipulations made with their employers.
- Candidates nominate themselves by applying for the fellowship. There are no age limits or academic prerequisites. During at least two years prior to arrival, the fellows should not have participated in a full-time fellowship that lasted 4 months or longer.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- The program will provide: housing in the Boston/Cambridge area; 1 roundtrip, economy class ticket to/from Harvard University; office space; a monthly stipend; and access to libraries and other resources at Harvard University during the fellowship period. Fellows are responsible for arranging health insurance for themselves and dependents in advance of the start of the program and are required to setup a US bank account while in residence.
- Upon returning to their home institutions, fellows will be required to submit regular progress reports, execute all elements of their 18 month development plan, and will be expected to mentor trainees at their home institutions as well as future Women in Global Health LEAD Fellowship awardees.
Duration of Programme: Fellows are in residence at Harvard University for a period of four months, or one academic semester.
How to Apply: Click here to start your online application.
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage see link below) before applying