Mark Wainberg Fellowship Programme in HIV Service Delivery 2019 for African Clinicians
The Mark Wainberg Fellowship Programme, an initiative of the IAS Educational Fund, is aimed at contributing to improving the quality of HIV service delivery in resource-limited settings by providing two-year fellowships to five clinicians from sub-Saharan Africa, who will spend one year in Europe and one year in Africa at clinical institutions.
Application Deadline: 1st March 2019
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be taken at (country): Selected applicants will spend one year in a Country in Europe and Africa each.
About the Award: The programme will offer in-depth training for clinicians committed to careers in HIV clinical service delivery in sub-Saharan Africa with the aim of strengthening access to high-quality services for sub-Saharan Africa populations, with a client-centred service delivery approach.
Eligibility: To be eligible for the Mark Wainberg Fellowship Programme, candidates should meet the following requirements:
- Terminal research degree as a medical doctor (or equivalent)
- Minimum of two years’ clinical experience
- Currently working in sub-Saharan Africa
- Commitment to become a specialist in HIV
- English, French or Portuguese speaking.
Number of Awards: 5
Value of Award:
- The fellows will be selected with a view to their potential of functioning as a multiplier and disseminate the knowledge learned (for example, towards other physicians, nurses, community healthcare providers) to further broaden the impact of the programme. At the end of their fellowship, the fellows should have skills that enable them to mentor and train other fellows.
- Please note that fellows will receive a living allowance for the duration of the Mark Wainberg Fellowship Programme; applicants should ensure they are financially able to enrol in the 2-year programme before accepting the fellowship.
Duration of Programme: Two years
How to Apply:
- Eligible candidates can apply for the Mark Wainberg Fellowship Programme by completing the electronic application form in English, French or Portuguese.
- Please have a scanned copy of your terminal research degree and letter of support from your institution ready to upload at the time of application.
- The deadline for applications is 1 March 2019, 23:59 CET. Applications not submitted through the online system will not be accepted.