Albukhary Foundation Scholarships for Students from Developing Countries – Malaysia 2013
Scholarship Name: The Albukhary Foundation Scholarship
Albukhary Foundation offers scholarships for international students from disadvantaged, underprivileged and marginalised background for admission into Albukhary International University (AiU), in Kedah, Malaysia 2012/2013
Accepted Subject Areas?
- Intensive English Programme (six months)
- Foundation Studies Programme (one year)
- Undergraduate Studies (three years) in: Business (Banking & Finance, Business Management) and Information and Communication Technology (Computer Science & IT)Courses offered by the university
Albukhary International University (AiU) is fully funded by the Albukhary Foundation and all students attending AiU shall be sponsored through the Scholarship described herein. The Foundation intends to make available ten (10) scholarships for each country to assist disadvantaged youths, mainly Muslim youths, to graduate with a degree from the Albukhary International University.
This Scholarship is intended to motivate youth from disadvantaged areas throughout the world who otherwise will not have the financial means to pursue tertiary education to become leaders and contributors in the 21st Century.
Scholarship Offered Since: 2003
Scholarship Type: Full scholarship for Undergraduate students
By what Criteria is Selection Made?
- Not older than 22 years of age at the point of admission.
- Physically and mentally healthy
- Pass in SPM/GSCE O Level or equivalent with 5 credits/above average pass inclusive of English and Mathematics.
- Obtained Academic IELTS Band 4.5 or TOEFL 470 or
- Obtained the passing mark for admission into Foundation Studies in the AIU English Placement Test.
Who is qualified to apply?
Students from disadvantaged, underprivileged and marginalized background
How Many Scholarship Positions are available? Up to Ten (10)
What are the benefits?
- Full tuition fees
- Insurance and general hospitalisation
- Monthly allowances (on a case-to-case basis)
- Successful applicants from very poor families are also entitled to monthly allowance
How long will sponsorship last? For the duration of the programme
Eligible Countries: International Students
To be taken at (country): Albukhary International University (AiU) Malaysia
- Intensive English Programme (IEP) leading to Foundation or Undergraduate Studies in September 2013. February 2013 31 August 2012
- Direct entry into Foundation Studies Programme or Undergraduate Studies. September 2013 31 May 2013
How to Apply
To apply for admission you will need to do the following:
- Please complete and submit the Student Application Form. See link below for details
- Submit the following supporting documents:
- Certified copies of National Identification/passport or any authorised identification.
- Certified copies of GCE ‘O’ Level/A Level, SPM/STPM, or any other equivalent certificates.
- Certified copies of School Leaving Certificate/References.
- 2 Referees Recommendation Letter (in sealed envelope).
- 4 recent passport-size, colour photographs.
- 2 photos of your house (inside and outside).
- Evidence of English Proficiency Examination (IELTS, TOEFL or equivalent).
- Financial Statement/Confirmation of parent’s income for the past three (3) months.
- Certified copies of any other relevant documents i.e. Death Certificate of Parent(s), co-curriculum activities etc.
- Evidence of Other Funding/assistance.
- The documents above must be mailed to the following address:
Admissions and Records Unit
Albukhary International University
Jalan Tun Abdul Razak,
05200 Alor Setar,
Kedah Darul Aman, Malaysia
Phone: +604 7747 300
Fax: +604 7747 310
Email: [email protected]
visit the Scholarship Webpage
The Albukhary Foundation, Malaysia
As a measure of his/her commitment, the scholarship holder is expected to pay for the journey from his/her home country to Malaysia as well as the return journey after completion of the degree course.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Studying in Canada vs USA Which is better Study Abroad Comparison
7 Things You Didn’t Know About the Richest Black Man in the World
7 Books Oprah Winfrey Thinks Everyone Should Read