Call for Applications: Youth Shaping Sustainable Food Systems Workshop in Eastern Africa
YPARD is collaborating with FAO and Rikolto to organize this interactive workshop where young farmers can interact, learn and share best practices, with a focus strengthening rural and urban linkages for sustainable food and agriculture.
Application Deadline: 12th February 2019
Eligible Countries: DRC, Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, and Tanzania
To be taken at (country): Uganda
About the Award: Young people involved in agricultural activities in Uganda, Kenya, DRC, Tanzania and Rwanda can apply to join a training and knowledge sharing workshop that will be held in Mbale, Uganda from 25th to 29th March 2019. This is a training and Knowledge Sharing Workshop for Young Progressive Farmers to Promote the Urban Food Agenda in East Africa.
- Be a member of YPARD. Join YPARD at https://ypard.net/join-ypard
- Be between 18 and 35 years of age at the time of application;
- Have a valid National Identity card or Passport (for non-Ugandans); Participants from DRC must have a passport others may use a National Identity Card.
- Have a valid yellow fever card (for non-Ugandans) ;
- Be a citizen of one of the following countries: Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, DRC and Rwanda;
- Be proficient in English Reading, Writing and Speaking;
- Demonstrate interest, knowledge and active involvement in agriculture, food systems, and youth empowerment;
- Demonstrate a commitment to be socially active in affecting positive change in the community and region;
- Be willing to participate actively in an intensive program;
- Be willing to contribute to the development of the post-workshop project proposal document for supporting young farmers in the region to strengthen rural and urban linkages for sustainable food and agriculture;
- Be willing to implement a post-workshop mini-project in your community to empower youth in agriculture.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Fully funded
Duration of Programme: 25th to 29th March 2019.
How to Apply:
- Please fill out the online application form HERE before 12th February, 2019 and for inquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com using “Application FSF- Name of Applicant” as the subject of the email. Accepted applicants will be notified no later than 17th February, 2019.