DAAD In-Country In-Region Competitive Masters & PhD Scholarships 2019 for African Students
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) in collaboration with Makerere University is once again in a position to offer up to 6 PhD scholarships in Plant Breeding and up to 8 Masters scholarships in Environment and Natural Resources for the 2019 intake:
Application Deadline: 15th February, 2019 at 5.00 pm
Eligible Countries: sub-Saharan African countries
To be taken at (country): Makerere University, College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences.
Type: Masters, PhD
Eligibility: In addition to the specific application requirements of the study programme/course you are applying for, please note the following DAAD application requirements:
• Citizenship of a country in Sub-Saharan Africa
• Bachelor’s and / or Master’s degree qualification with at least above average results
• Proof of admission to Makerere University to the desired degree programme or official letter assuring admission
• For PhD applicants: Evidence of being a staff of a public or private university (or candidate considered for teaching or research staff recruitment).
Number of Awards: Up to 6 PhD scholarships in Plant Breeding and up to 8 Masters scholarships in Environment and Natural Resources
Value of Award: DAAD will only provide funding as stated in the scholarship information sheet. The value of the scholarship is in the information sheet.
Duration of Programme: The awards are available for up to a maximum of two years (Master) and three years (Ph.D.). The scholarship is initially granted for one year and may be extended upon individual request and receipt of a complete application by using a form to be availed at the appropriate time in the DAAD Portal. The application for renewal has to be submitted at least one month before the scholarship period expires.
How to Apply:
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage see link below) before applying