UK Government Go Global Africa 2019 for African Entrepreneurs (Fully-funded)
The opportunity is now within your grasp as the UK’s International Tech Hub Network launches its search for Kenyan, Nigerian and South African Startups to join the country’s Go Global 2019 programme.
Application Deadline: 30th January 2019 (12 pm)
To be taken at (country): UK
About the Award: The UK Government’s Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport is launching a new International Tech Hub Network in 2019, in partnership with the British High Commission in Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa. The hubs are one pillar of a broader Digital Access Programme which aims to catalyse digital inclusion across Africa.
This is a fantastic opportunity for start-ups using technology to solve local issues, to participate in an exciting and intensive programme in the UK to learn how to build their business to develop global solutions.
Eligibility: We are currently accepting applications from companies based in Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa who meet the following criteria:
- – Post MVP stage with a live product in the market
- – Demonstrable evidence of some customer traction
- – Have not raised more than £2m of investment
- – Active in fields aimed to create a better future for Africa, with a specific focus on Transport, Energy, Water, Connectivity, Digital Health, Fintech and Agritech.
- – Led by a founder/s who have a strong sense of commitment and drive to strengthen the local ecosystem for other start-ups to grow and thrive by passing on the learning from this opportunity to their communities and acting as future champions of the Tech Hub’s work.
- – Ambitions to expand regionally and internationally in the future.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- Travel costs, accommodations and most meals.
- Successful applicants will be sponsored to join a delegation of ambitious African start-ups to the UK for a 2-week immersive programme in March 2019.
- The programme will help companies to improve their business skills and capability, build links with the UK’s thriving tech sector and work with UK expertise to take their business to the next level.
Duration of Programme:
- 23 March – 4 April 2019
- The programme will run from Monday to Friday from 9:00 – 17:00 (including 2 evening engagements weekly).
How to Apply:
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage see link below) before applying
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
This One Skill Will Increase Your Value by at least 50%
10 Common Scholarship Interview Questions And How to Answer Them
Top 10 Countries With The Highest Salaries For Doctors