Geneva Academy 2020/2021 LLM in International Humanitarian Law and Human Rights Scholarships Program – Switzerland
The LLM in International Humanitarian Law and Human Rights (LLM) is one of the most innovative and intellectually challenging programmes in international humanitarian law (IHL) and human rights offered in Europe today.
Application Deadline: 31st January 2020
Eligible Countries: Non-western countries.
Applicants from Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United States and Western Europe cannot be considered for a full scholarship.
To be taken at (country): Switzerland
About the Award: This one-year postgraduate degree course provides advanced, comprehensive and practical training in IHL, international human rights law, international refugee law, international criminal law, as well as the interplay between them.
Eligibility: Candidates must have:
- A full degree in law (received by June at the latest) enabling the applicant to sit the bar exam in the relevant country; or another degree if the applicant has a significant amount of training in public international law and courses related to our programme (e.g. international human rights law, international humanitarian law, international criminal law)
- A strong academic record
- A demonstrable interest in the subject matter of the programme (e.g. professional experience, internships, summer school, conferences attended, publications, etc.)
- A sound command of English. You must be able to show, via a recognized test, that your English is of a high enough standard to successfully engage with and complete your course at the Geneva Academy. This requirement does not apply if (1) your mother tongue is English; (2) you have taken an English-taught bachelor’s or master’s degree; (3) you have at least two years’ professional or academic experience in an English-speaking environment
- A passive knowledge of French is an asset as students might have to attend conferences and class presentations in French
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: We offer partial and full scholarships for our LLM. Partial scholarships cover tuition fees. Full scholarships cover tuition fees and living expenses in Geneva for 10 months.
Duration of Programme: 10 months
How to Apply:
- Scholarship requests must be submitted with the candidate’s application. When applying, you must choose between two tracks: application with scholarship (partial or full) or application without scholarship. If you apply to both tracks, your application will be considered under the non-scholarship track.
- It is important to go through admission application requirements before applying.