Harvard Business School Africa Business Club (HBSABC) New Venture Competition 2022 for Early Stage African Startups ($10,000 Cash Prize)
Harvard Business School Africa Business Club (HBSABC) New Venture Competition 2022: As part of the 23rd Africa Business Conference, the Africa Business Club will be hosting the New Venture Competition. The New Venture Competition aims to showcase the diversity of entrepreneurs making a difference on the continent today.
Application Deadline: 19th December, 2021 5pm EST.
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be taken at (country): USA
Type: Entrepreneurship, Contest
Eligibility: The Harvard Business School Africa Business Club (HBSABC) New Venture Competition is open to all African entrepreneurs with businesses focused on shaping Africa’s future. Entrepreneurs who offer unique and homegrown solutions to local problems and who meet the following eligibility criteria are highly encouraged to apply:
Early Stage Startups (for profit or not-for-profit)
- Africa-focused with a majority or all of its operations in Africa
- Less than 50 employees
- Less than 5 years of operations
Raised less $250,000 in funding to date
Selection Criteria: The judges will evaluate the venture’s potential for economic success and the likelihood of achieving that success based upon the team’s plan, experience, and the validation of key assumptions and a clear and convincing presentation of the following:
- Value proposition and business model (including market validation of value proposition/growth hypothesis)
- Team expertise and ability to execute
- Market opportunity
- Geopolitical and industry context
- Potential risks and mitigants
- Realistic assumptions underlying any financial projections
- Defined milestones and execution plan
The Harvard Business School Africa Business Club (HBSABC) New Venture Competition is about assessing the commercial merit and potential viability of each proposed new venture. Teams that have a proven technology or even attracted “beta” customers may raise their chances of success, but early stage ideas that have been thought through / tested will be considered based on their standalone potential and the team’s ability to execute.
Value and Number of Awards:
- 10 finalists will be invited to pitch their business in front of approximately 700 attendees and receive feedback from a panel of experienced judges. The competition winner and runner-up will be awarded cash prizes of $10,000 and $5,000, respectively.
- The top 20 shortlisted ventures will also have the opportunity to showcase their companies at the Startup Fair to network and and interact with distinguished panelists and conference attendees.
How to Apply for Harvard Business School Africa Business Club (HBSABC) New Venture Competition:
- Please fill the application form HERE, enter your company’s details..