The NEA Foundation 2020 Global Learning Fellowship for Educators in South Africa
Applications for the 2020 Global Learning Fellowship Fellowship are now open.
Application Deadline: 4th February 2019
Eligible Countries: South Africa
To be taken at (country): The anticipated field study destination for the 2020 Global Learning Fellowship is Peru.
About the Award: The NEA Foundation Global Learning Fellowship gives educators the knowledge and skills to transform their classrooms into centers of global competence learning.
Eligibility: You are eligible to apply if you are both:
- A current K-12 classroom teacher employed in a public school
- A current NEA member
Number of Awards: maximum of 51 Fellows
Value of Award: The NEA Foundation covers all costs for breakfasts and dinners, lodging, travel, and professional development activities. However, NEA Foundation Global Learning Fellows are responsible for the following.
- Securing leave from school (if needed) for fall PD workshop and late July international field study
- Acquiring/updating U.S. passport
- Purchasing daily lunches for international field study (approximately $200)
- Contributing to tips for local guides and bus drivers (approximately $100 total)
Duration of Programme: 12 months
How to Apply:
- Click Here to learn how to apply