ICANN68 Policy Forum 2020 (Fully-funded to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
Application round for ICANN68 Policy Forum in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, is now open. Only those who have successfully completed an ICANN Fellowship (Fellowship Alumni) are eligible to apply.
Application Deadline: 15th December 2019 at 23:59 UTC
To be taken at (country): Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
About the Award: The goal of the ICANN Fellowship Program is to strengthen the diversity of the multistakeholder model by fostering opportunities for individuals from underserved and underrepresented communities to become active participants in the ICANN community.
Fellows are exposed to the workings of the ICANN community, are assigned a mentor, and receive training across different areas of knowledge and skill building before, during, and after an ICANN Public Meeting. Travel assistance to attend the meeting is also provided.
Fellowship participants come from a variety of backgrounds.
Eligibility: Participants of the Fellowship Program must:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Be interested in, or already engaged in, the various components of ICANN‘s work in policy building, the operation of the Domain Name System and the security and stability of the global Internet
- Complete mandatory ICANN Learn course(s);
- NOT be involved in or associated with other ICANN supported travel programs at time of selection
- If a Policy Forum, have successfully completed an ICANN Fellowship
- Second and third time fellows must prove their involvement and engagement in one of the ICANN communities; learn more here
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- Travel will be booked by ICANN via its travel service provider.
- A stipend not to exceed USD 500.00 will be provided to offset reasonable individual expenses (such as meals, transport to/from the airport and incidentals). One half of the allotted stipend will be provided to each participating fellow prior to the meeting; the second half of the stipend will be provided via wire transfer by ICANN upon successful completion of the ICANNFellowship Program and submission of the post-meeting survey two weeks after the ICANN Meeting.
- ICANN will defer costs incurred by fellows to obtain a visa, up to the USD 200.00
- ICANN will only cover the cost of a hotel room directly using an ICANN meeting partner hotel as established by ICANN‘s Constituency Travel Support Guidelines and implemented by ICANN‘s travel service provider.
Duration of Programme: 22-25 June 2020
How to Apply: Apply in the link below
Important Notes: Only those who have successfully completed an ICANN Fellowship (Fellowship Alumni) are eligible to apply for a Policy Forum fellowship.