World Food Programme (WFP) Internship in Innovation & Change Management 2019 (Funded to Rome, Italy)
WFP is seeking to fill multiple internship positions in their Innovation and Change Management Division. The positions will be based at the Headquarters in Rome, Italy. The Internships will be for period of 6 months starting from January 2019.
Application Deadline: 4th November 2018
VA reference no: 100132
Eligible Countries: International (Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply. WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status)
To be taken at (country): Rome, Italy
About the Award: The mission of WFP is to end global hunger. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After an emergency, WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their shattered lives. Present in nearly 80 countries, the organization has the global footprint, deep field presence and local knowledge and relationships necessary to provide access to nutritious food and contribute to the lasting solutions, especially in many of the world’s most remote and fragile areas.
- Currently enrolled and have attended University courses in the last 12 months inclusive of having completed at least two years of undergraduate studies or have recently graduated in the last 6 months with a BA or MA and attended courses in the past 12 months;
- Proficiency in Windows, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook);
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
Desirable competence: The candidate would ideally be a high-performing and motivated student, a communicative and cooperative team player with strong problem solving skills. Prior relevant work experience is a plus.
- Candidates who bear any of the following relations to WFP staff members are not eligible to apply: sons, daughters, brothers or sisters.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the maximum amount of US$1000 per month depending on the duty station of assignment.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, necessary visas and related costs.
- WFP will reimburse travel ticket for candidates who are nationals of developing countries and are pursuing their studies in their home country.
- WFP will recognize candidates’ educational credentials from recognised institutions that have been certified by competent international or national authorities such as the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) or Ministries of Education.
Duration of Programme: 6 months
How to Apply: Apply in Link below